Author Topic: Is there any reason a Banner won't be approved or denied within two weeks?  (Read 2300 times)

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
I uploaded a banner for review about two weeks ago for a new realm, and haven't heard back anything on it. My character's prestige is dropping every day, and the game isn't letting me select a different banner. This is the third time I've created a banner for a new realm, so this process of waiting isn't new to me. It's just never taken this long.
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Zakilevo

Don't you have to actually message a dev and let them know you've uploaded a new banner? That is what I did when I uploaded my new banner :o

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Don't you have to actually message a dev and let them know you've uploaded a new banner? That is what I did when I uploaded my new banner :o
It is not necessary at all to message the devs.

Calanar,

I am sure Tim looked at it for a moment but has been so busy with working on the density issue that he forgot about it, and will likely look at tomorrow and make a decision with you politely reminding him by posting this.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
I sent a message around the time I made the realm to Tom for another issue. I also know that I said I was going to upload a banner in the next day or two and did. Maybe I should have e-mailed again.

I just sent one.

Ah. Thanks Penchant  :)

I don't mean for this to sound rude. I'm grateful for all of the work the devs put into the game, and with the news of an island going under, etc... I don't blame anyone for missing anything. I was just wondering if I had forgotten a step. ^_^;;
"The first requisite for success is to develop the ability to focus and apply your mental and physical energies to the problem at hand [...]" - Thomas Edison

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
My character's prestige is dropping every day, and the game isn't letting me select a different banner.

Wait, what's this? What's not working about selecting another banner?

Also, if you're the ruler of Sun'Sera, I rejected that banner within hours after it was submitted. Both the banner and the icon were on square black backgrounds, when they need to be on transparent backgrounds.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
I tried to select a different banner, but it would not let me. It's locked except for uploading banners. There was no notice of rejection either.

I also took a look at the banner I sent, and I had set the background to transparent, but had accidentally filled the area. That was my mistake. Now that I know, I went straight to work on it.

Thanks!  :D

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
I tried to select a different banner, but it would not let me. It's locked except for uploading banners. There was no notice of rejection either.

I also took a look at the banner I sent, and I had set the background to transparent, but had accidentally filled the area. That was my mistake. Now that I know, I went straight to work on it.

Thanks!  :D
I am loving your positive attitude!  :)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Calanar

• Knight
  • Harbinger
    • View Profile
I don't mind cleaning up my own mistakes. Besides, creating Sun'Sera was a lot of fun in the making, and I want the banner to look good, particularly since the realm may not stand long if Locke doesn't keep his mouth shut :P