Author Topic: Atanamir's grievances  (Read 8439 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Atanamir's grievances
« Topic Start: March 05, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Timothy, it's just you here who feels attacked.
No, he's not. After reading your paranoid fantasy that Anaris deleted, I feel pretty aggressively attacked as well. And I'm pretty sure that others on the dev team will, too.

I'm not sure where you get this aggressive hostility toward the dev team. We have taken extreme measures to ensure that the decisions we have made are as unbiased as possible toward the game as a whole. I really can't understand how you could do such ridiculous contortions in order to show how the dev team is, essentially, making decisions in order to personally target you and the realms in which you play. We chose to freeze the south of EC, thus destroying Eponllyn, the only holdout to Perdan's dominance in the south, in order to prevent Perdan and her allies from "winning the island"? ??? And then we chose to freeze the north of AT because we were worried that Darka and her allies were winning AT and couldn't allow that to happen? (The fact that AT already has northern glaciers being a mere convenient coincidence...) ??? ??? And then we chose to drive the western Dwilight subcontinent rogue because "Asylon, Niselur and the other western realms were winning the game over there"? ??? ??? ???

I cannot stress this fact enough: The dev team made every effort possible to reduce the possibility of favoritism and interference in IC power/politics. Island politics were not, in any way, considered when deciding which areas of the islands would be frozen to reduce the region count. We fully realize that it is impossible to completely avoid such appearances. It is unfortunate that there is such distrust of the dev team in certain sections of the player base. I honestly cannot comprehend the extremes you went through to try and construct some scenario in which we went through this entire upheaval and turmoil in order to personally persecute you.

This only goes to prove what I said in the other thread: No matter what we do, someone will find some way to twist our actions in order to portray them as biased and personally aimed at them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.