Author Topic: Atanamir's grievances  (Read 8447 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Atanamir's grievances
« Topic Start: March 06, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »
This is a bit false too, since autmagically certain realms got targeted and chosen when actions were decided.

Sorry, but if you think that the Vesuvius targeted Pompeii, instead of Pompeii happening to be affected when Vesuvius erupted, then your world and my world are so far apart from each other that communication is meaningless because we only appear to share a common language and our radically different interpretations of the same words will lead to more confusion than understanding.

And yes, I will stop at that one word and not discuss anything else, because that is important. To target something implies intent. You never use that word unless you want to convey the meaning that someone did something intentionally. And that, exactly, is where the paranoia and insult is hidden. Not in plain sight, but in the meaning of a word. It's like someone not saying "!@#$%^&" to you, but saying something about you that everyone knows only an !@#$%^& would do. It's a clever indirect insult.

So, to sum up: Were some realms affected and some not - yes, definitely. That is the nature of everything that does not affect absolutely every single region in the world. Would that have been true no matter what we did - yes, absolutely. If we'd sunk an island, it would've been the same story, just with minor variations of details. If we'd sunk three islands, same story. In fact, there are only two ways to avoid this particular piece of paranoid nonsense: Do nothing, or destroy everything. Those are the only two options in which everyone is affected equally.

I'm pretty sure nobody sane will consider either of those superior to what we did, no matter how happy or unhappy you are with it.