Author Topic: Atanamir's grievances  (Read 8415 times)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Atanamir's grievances
« Topic Start: March 05, 2014, 04:11:56 PM »
Too bad some people don't get irony...  ;D

You have received a warning
«  Sent to: Atanamir
                   on: Today at 03:37:43 PM »
                Reply with quoteDelete
Atanamir,

You have received a warning for insulting other users and/or staff members in regards to the message:
Re: T Minus 28 Days.

Your long post on the T Minus 28 Days thread was simply a screed against the dev team. You attempt to put words in our mouth and impute nefarious motives to us that are completely false and wildly insulting.

Please cease these activities and abide by the forum rules otherwise we will take further action.

Regards,
The BattleMaster Forum Team.
Report To Admin

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Atanamir's grievances
« Reply #1: March 05, 2014, 05:08:49 PM »
Excuse me, but I am a fan of transparency.

Anaris

Dev Team
    Honourable King
        AOL Instant Messenger - danaris@me.com
        View Profile
        Email
        Personal Message (Online)

"Irony"
« Sent to: Atanamir on: Today at 04:21:34 PM »

Delete

You come on here posting a long rant against the devs, accusing us of all manner of nasty things...what, exactly, did you think was going to happen?

Actually, exactly what happened. I was not expecting you to understand the essence of my message.
You say it was a rant, I say it was just another truth, one that I find more logical and entertaining.
You say it was an accusation of nasty things, I actually only said that I understand and supported now that you had to do what you had to do.
It's all good, I know and I agree you had to stop some realms from being too successful. I am fully behind this event! (caution, irony!)
I think also that my truth is one people that can live better with than with the current explanations, but that is not the same for everyone, obviously.

If your opinion of the devs was true, and we were really the power-hungry petty overlords you think we are, why would we let something like that remain there?

Did I say any opinion on the developers? You said that...

And if your opinion is false, then all the awful accusations you make are baseless and purely insulting, and thus have no place on the forum.

I fully agree!

The only real difference, Atanamir, is that if I were the petty tyrant you think I am, I would have made sure some time ago that you were no longer even around to speak poorly of me. So think on that.

And there you reveal your true face....
But you shouldn't feel attacked or even angry, cause as I said, I have now understood this IG event and support its effects.
It was indeed needed and I feel really honoured that all my realms or alliances were chosen to be limited to some effect.
I know, we were simply too good, and that's ok. (caution, irony!)

Report To Admin
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 05, 2014, 05:15:41 PM »
Excuse me, but I am a fan of transparency.

And I am a fan of not hijacking an existing thread for what is really a personal grievance between you and the dev team.

Actually, exactly what happened. I was not expecting you to understand the essence of my message.
You say it was a rant, I say it was just another truth, one that I find more logical and entertaining.

You don't get to decide what's true. Reality gets to decide what's true. It's not just what's "more logical and entertaining" to you.

You say it was an accusation of nasty things, I actually only said that I understand and supported now that you had to do what you had to do.
It's all good, I know and I agree you had to stop some realms from being too successful. I am fully behind this event! (caution, irony!)
I think also that my truth is one people that can live better with than with the current explanations, but that is not the same for everyone, obviously.

Again, you're trying to declare things as truth that are just your paranoid conspiracy theories.

Did I say any opinion on the developers? You said that...

You didn't have to explicitly state, "This is my opinion of the developers." Your post (and other posts in the past) made your opinion of us quite clear.

I fully agree!

Then why did you post it in the first place?

And there you reveal your true face....

Right...because....wait, what? I'm sorry, I don't follow your logic.

What I said there was that if I was a petty tyrant of the type your posts attempt to make me out to be, I would have made sure to permanently silence someone who was repeatedly badmouthing my "reign". As in, you'd be banned from the forum and the game.

So...I'm really not sure where you're going with that.

But you shouldn't feel attacked or even angry, cause as I said, I have now understood this IG event and support its effects.
It was indeed needed and I feel really honoured that all my realms or alliances were chosen to be limited to some effect.
I know, we were simply too good, and that's ok. (caution, irony!)

Passive-aggressive behaviour doesn't win you any points, Atanamir. And if it pisses me off when you try to weasel your way around like this, what do you think Tom will think of it?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 05, 2014, 05:42:11 PM »
Timothy, it's just you here who feels attacked.

And actually, I have nothing against the dev team, why should I?

You said you were doing this IG event, and as such, when I wrote "dev team" I was referring at you and at you only.
Don't try to lure others in - except if you use the pluralis majestatis for yourself when referring to the dev team.

However, my post has been received, obviously.

Enough said, I will return now to play the game, with the new amazing quests you have given us!
And well, if my by Dr. Anaris examined paranoia makes me enjoy the game more, be happy, I could also have quit, and we don't want to lose players, do we?!
Onwards! Let's play some Migrationmaster!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 05, 2014, 06:25:57 PM »
Timothy, it's just you here who feels attacked.
No, he's not. After reading your paranoid fantasy that Anaris deleted, I feel pretty aggressively attacked as well. And I'm pretty sure that others on the dev team will, too.

I'm not sure where you get this aggressive hostility toward the dev team. We have taken extreme measures to ensure that the decisions we have made are as unbiased as possible toward the game as a whole. I really can't understand how you could do such ridiculous contortions in order to show how the dev team is, essentially, making decisions in order to personally target you and the realms in which you play. We chose to freeze the south of EC, thus destroying Eponllyn, the only holdout to Perdan's dominance in the south, in order to prevent Perdan and her allies from "winning the island"? ??? And then we chose to freeze the north of AT because we were worried that Darka and her allies were winning AT and couldn't allow that to happen? (The fact that AT already has northern glaciers being a mere convenient coincidence...) ??? ??? And then we chose to drive the western Dwilight subcontinent rogue because "Asylon, Niselur and the other western realms were winning the game over there"? ??? ??? ???

I cannot stress this fact enough: The dev team made every effort possible to reduce the possibility of favoritism and interference in IC power/politics. Island politics were not, in any way, considered when deciding which areas of the islands would be frozen to reduce the region count. We fully realize that it is impossible to completely avoid such appearances. It is unfortunate that there is such distrust of the dev team in certain sections of the player base. I honestly cannot comprehend the extremes you went through to try and construct some scenario in which we went through this entire upheaval and turmoil in order to personally persecute you.

This only goes to prove what I said in the other thread: No matter what we do, someone will find some way to twist our actions in order to portray them as biased and personally aimed at them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 05, 2014, 06:47:04 PM »
I really can't understand how you could do such ridiculous contortions in order to show how the dev team is, essentially, making decisions in order to personally target you and the realms in which you play. We chose to freeze the south of EC, thus destroying Eponllyn, the only holdout to Perdan's dominance in the south, in order to prevent Perdan and her allies from "winning the island"? ??? And then we chose to freeze the north of AT because we were worried that Darka and her allies were winning AT and couldn't allow that to happen? (The fact that AT already has northern glaciers being a mere convenient coincidence...) ??? ??? And then we chose to drive the western Dwilight subcontinent rogue because "Asylon, Niselur and the other western realms were winning the game over there"? ??? ??? ???

No, I dont think I was personally targeted, nor did I say that ever.
I believe ALL players should feel honoured in those realms to be chosen to get hit by the IG event.
You made BM again interesting for these realms and the players there, since they had won against all human threats.
That is my version of the story, and even if I should be wrong, I prefer it, it won't harm anyone, does it?  ;)

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: March 05, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
No, I dont think I was personally targeted, nor did I say that ever.
I believe ALL players should feel honoured in those realms to be chosen to get hit by the IG event.
You made BM again interesting for these realms and the players there, since they had won against all human threats.
That is my version of the story, and even if I should be wrong, I prefer it, it won't harm anyone, does it?  ;)

You are wrong and you are insisting your view. Now you should keep your mouth shut and go back to playing the game and enjoy the event.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 05, 2014, 08:57:07 PM »
You are wrong and you are insisting your view. Now you should keep your mouth shut and go back to playing the game and enjoy the event.

And who are you again?

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 05, 2014, 10:02:10 PM »
And who are you again?

Likewise, we could pose the same question to you. Zaki's opinion here is just as relevant as any of yours. More so, if we were to judge content.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: March 05, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »

No realm was chosen or targeted.

There's no point in discussing anything else with you if your basic core assumption is wrong.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 06, 2014, 03:29:44 AM »

There's no point in discussing anything else with you if your basic core assumption is wrong.

I agree don't think anyone is targeting you or the realms your in and I'm in them with you though it seems they got the short end of the stick now, maybe in the long run it will be better. The Darkan engine may get more bodies to steam over people, it could be a blessing in disguise...

I personally see Tim and Alex just don't get along, not saying you have to, but i've noticed it more and more since the Dobby thing and not just on forum also in uh that chat thing IRC. Though I do enjoy reading the occasional jawing at one another. Do either of you ever play in opposing realms of one another? Say maybe a little RP action eh in game?

*Tosses his three cents on the table*
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 06, 2014, 05:34:09 AM »

This is a bit false too, since autmagically certain realms got targeted and chosen when actions were decided. I do believe that those actions were not based on realms effected by those.

I know it hurts Atanamir who has been doing pretty hard work to make those realms he play to survive against pretty bad odds and realms which he plays(atleast Darka and Perdan) is not suffering much of the problems these events are planned to "fix" or ease.

Anyway, we do know these were actions needed to be taken and lets hope thse ease the problem.
~Violence is always an option!~

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 06, 2014, 06:34:50 AM »
This is a bit false too, since autmagically certain realms got targeted and chosen when actions were decided. I do believe that those actions were not based on realms effected by those.

I know it hurts Atanamir who has been doing pretty hard work to make those realms he play to survive against pretty bad odds and realms which he plays(atleast Darka and Perdan) is not suffering much of the problems these events are planned to "fix" or ease.

Anyway, we do know these were actions needed to be taken and lets hope thse ease the problem.
Regions were chosen, never realms. There was never, "let's take this chunk of a realm", it was, "it seems based on the randomly chosen directions for FEI and EC, as well as northern AT because it only makes sense to, we should freeze these regions to freeze the specified number of regions"

Thus as realms were never chosen, only regions were, realms were never targeted. Realms may be losing regions but they were never targeted.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: March 06, 2014, 09:48:20 AM »
This is a bit false too, since autmagically certain realms got targeted and chosen when actions were decided.

Sorry, but if you think that the Vesuvius targeted Pompeii, instead of Pompeii happening to be affected when Vesuvius erupted, then your world and my world are so far apart from each other that communication is meaningless because we only appear to share a common language and our radically different interpretations of the same words will lead to more confusion than understanding.

And yes, I will stop at that one word and not discuss anything else, because that is important. To target something implies intent. You never use that word unless you want to convey the meaning that someone did something intentionally. And that, exactly, is where the paranoia and insult is hidden. Not in plain sight, but in the meaning of a word. It's like someone not saying "!@#$%^&" to you, but saying something about you that everyone knows only an !@#$%^& would do. It's a clever indirect insult.

So, to sum up: Were some realms affected and some not - yes, definitely. That is the nature of everything that does not affect absolutely every single region in the world. Would that have been true no matter what we did - yes, absolutely. If we'd sunk an island, it would've been the same story, just with minor variations of details. If we'd sunk three islands, same story. In fact, there are only two ways to avoid this particular piece of paranoid nonsense: Do nothing, or destroy everything. Those are the only two options in which everyone is affected equally.

I'm pretty sure nobody sane will consider either of those superior to what we did, no matter how happy or unhappy you are with it.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: March 06, 2014, 11:00:14 AM »
I think you understood me a bit wrong. What i tried to say... Those who get hit, feels to be target, were they targeted or not. Like people of Pompeji propably thought that they are targeted by wrath of god.

I definately dont want to insult you or the devs, but you should also understand if people feel like being target of these events, not that it would make it right for people to insult or behave badly.

~Violence is always an option!~