Author Topic: Noble density per realm - Dwilight  (Read 83083 times)

Dragonsbane

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Noble density per realm - Dwilight
« Reply #105: September 13, 2014, 05:43:59 PM »
Indeed. The loss of the West did amputate D'Hara of a significant portion on its land, namely its grainbasket. Which stacks with the loss of the Madinian holdings.

I think we do have a bit more nobles than before, but I don't attribute any of it to the destruction of the West. At least, not for now. If Barcans and Asylonians decide to join us, then the answer will become yes. And they could yet do so: becoming city knights in a wealthy realm can have a lot more perks than going to Morek and being poor lords at the edge of the world and in a realm with little perspective for fun. And unlike Morek, D'Hara has a lot of potential activities for when the war ceases, because we have both the motive (reclaiming of lost lands, revival of Maroccidentalism, cultural integration of new nobles) and the possibility (wealthy cities, proximity, developed infrastructure) to field armies and try to set up establishments where the rogues now thrive. On the other hand, if all of the Asylonians and Barcans go to Morek for easy lordships, then Dwilight will not have gained anything at all, save for the insanely low density realm to become a somewhat less but still insanely low density realm.

This is actually what brought me to D'Hara, was that after this war ends, they have the resources and activity to help me with the goal of creating something awesome, such as a monster slaying realm that does expeditions into the west and tries to take back the lands from the beasts.