Author Topic: When will the Ice settle?  (Read 15193 times)

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: When will the Ice settle?
« Reply #15: March 26, 2014, 10:04:17 AM »
At first i didn't quite understand the devs plan/idea with this ice.
Or perhaps i didnt want to understand, like many others here.

But after some time, i start to see how this is ging to work and what it is settings in motion.

Its sad on one hand that some ongoing developments have come to an abrupt stop by this gm intervention.
It simply removes realms and its politics/diplomacy like mostly unknown to BM.

Most of us, i think, agree with the notion that we either need more nobles or less regions.
The devs had many options but this one certainly is going to destroy the least in game history and developments.
Where it destroys this with one hand, It also creates allot of new developments.

Some realms are migrating enmass with peaceful intend, accepting some deal with a major realm on the other side of the continent.
Other realms band together and simply try to take the lands from their arch enemies in a leap of faith, hoping to take a new capital before their army is destroyed.
Other realms like fallngard, who had fought since its begining for its survival, enough food production and land for its nobility, have recently gained what they sought and fought for.
The ice however will take away atleast the three regions they started from and by doing so, putting the realm back to its former position: overcrowded with nobles and in a (violent) search for land.
Fallangards quest to carve out a worthy kingdom by military force will continue, thanks to the ice.
Without the ice, atleast that story would have come to an end.

So basically the ice giveth and taketh away.
Destroying old stories, but also creating new ones, or even causing a good story to actually continue onwards.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid