Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 107526 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #15: April 09, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »
Can't agree more. Eirikr was just pointing things out in a logical fashion. If you are only here to express only your own opinion, you are not here for a discussion. You are simply here to complain and expecting people to agree with you not thinking of people you might have a different opinion. People will ignore you if you ignore their opinions.

I've provided proof backing up my own opinions time and again, to have it ignored time and again for the same old excuses. If they're not going to extend that respect to me, I'm not going to for them.

Of course they were not IC. We wanted players to vote, not characters. ;)

The fact that we did the polls as forums polls as opposed to IG polls (and yes, I know this is what you really meant) is because how many players voted is irrelevant. As we've already explained, the players had no idea what they were voting for. Which was by design. All we wanted, was some public random coin flip. If we had posted a message IG about "Vote North or South!", all we would have gotten was massive confusion, and still no more statistically valid random result.

Hard facts about the results of the glaciating event won't be available for, I would guess, at least a year after the event has concluded. So come back in 14-15 months, and we will re-evaluate it then.

The issue people are having with the polls is that they were not done ethically. Everyone did not realize that by voting on the polls, they were basically choosing what would happen in this event. I can guarantee you that some people would not have voted at all had they realized what they were voting for.

As for waiting 14-15 months, I'm sorry, but that's just a cop out. I've provided hard numbers on the realms involved about the noble populations, and we've had several newer players post about their dissatisfaction. Especially relevant was the one who came from Niselur, who spoke about having 6-7 players deleting their characters, if not their accounts, and another 6-7 who stayed behind in Niselur to basically have their characters die in a blaze of glory before quitting. Tell me how that looks for the game? Not very good to me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:40:17 PM by Gustav Kuriga »