Author Topic: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?  (Read 107545 times)

Eirikr

Re: Number of Players Lost Since Glacier?
« Reply #30: April 10, 2014, 03:49:42 AM »
I would have to say that some of your own logic is faulty.
Then please point it out with a clear explanation as to why. Don't just post random insulting one-liners.
I wasn't really insulted; I don't pretend my logic foolproof. For example, I'm quite aware that those three questions can be answered in any number of ways, skewing the results. I'm also aware that there's even some confirmation bias by asking the "Why not?" only rather than "Why?" as well.

I've provided proof backing up my own opinions time and again, to have it ignored time and again for the same old excuses. If they're not going to extend that respect to me, I'm not going to for them.
I've yet to participate in this discussion and you claim I am not willing to extend that respect to you? Tell me why I should bother looking for your other posts or respecting you now?

I don't believe this solution was designed to increase the player count. It was designed to alleviate the problems that a declining player count causes, such as very few nobles per region/realm. And, as long as the number of players leaving doesn't exceed some ratio to the number of regions removed, it will do that.

I was lucky enough to escape any of my characters being significantly affected by the glacier. I did have my main realm badly affected by starvation caused by another GM event, though - the food/gold production rebalance. We lost eight regions and had the population of many of our cities reduced to the point where it will take months to fully recover. So I do feel at least partially qualified to say this:

You are more than welcome to express your dissatisfaction at events. Do not, however, take your anger out at Devs who are only trying to make this a better game for everyone. Most definitely do not accuse them of bias or of targeting realms their characters are in conflict with. Not only is it insulting, it simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny. One Dev lost a number of regions that formerly belonged to the realm he is ruler of, and that were fully intended to be reclaimed by that realm. Another lost the entire realm he is ruler of - that hardly seems like something he would do if he was trying to deliberately target certain realms.

Thank you. In fact, I believe the stated reason was to increase character density which happens by reducing habitable land or gaining players. This solution definitely does one of those things... but it's hard to tell if player departure is large enough to counter the intended effect or if the end result causes an influx of new players. Cite stats of your specific realm and the accounts deleted all you want, but it means very little until you have the total picture.