Author Topic: No man is an island, not even a noble man  (Read 11510 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: No man is an island, not even a noble man
« Reply #15: April 11, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »
When new players join, it's good for everyone. I'm not interested in whether people recruit friends in response to a specific IC need or not. More players = more players.

No one disputes the benefit of more players.

That said, my hypothesis is incidental to the feature request. I think it might lead to increased peer recruitment, but that would be a bonus. It's not the crux of my argument.

I disagree. We have demonstrated reasons why, with the playerbase the size that it is, your proposal would make the game more stagnant and less fun. It therefore requires your hypothesis to be true for it to be of measurable benefit to the game.

That's good, but shouldn't a region go rogue if it has no nobles? It's one thing to have not enough nobles, which should result in decreased morale, production & loyalty, but you shouldn't be able to maintain a region with zero nobles.

Why not?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan