Author Topic: No man is an island, not even a noble man  (Read 11465 times)

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: No man is an island, not even a noble man
« Reply #30: April 12, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
Two major issues with that.

One: you make #of nobles you have way too important. they already have massive advantages but this makes it almost just a who has more nobles thing because of its huge impact
The exact numbers can be tweaked. I just put those in there to illustrate my point. However, it should be the case that you can achieve more with more nobles. There's no logical reason that a realm of 10 nobles should be at equal footing with a realm of 30 nobles, and the same should be true at the regional level.

Two: We don't have enough nobles for that, and no we aren't going to say letting everyone have double the nobles is the solution. There are very real issues with people playing a lot of nobles.
I'm not proposing letting everyone have double nobles, but I also don't see the basis for the first part of your statement. I think you're saying that we don't have enough nobles to achieve 100% in all regions, but I don't see a problem with that. We already don't have 100% across the board, nor would we ever want to. 100% across the board means we've maxed out on what can be achieved.

Regardless of the specifics of the method you are directly punishing for not having enough nobles, and if the realm is in !@#$ty condition because it does not have enough enough nobles it makes it a lot harder to fix. (It will probably already be crappy because of low amount of nobles but if your regions are doing poor and you don't have much gold it makes igniting war and making things fun a lot harder.)
I disagree. The disadvantage of having fewer nobles is inherent in having fewer nobles. Naturally a dwindling population will have a compounding effect: If a realm is !@#$ty, nobles will leave it, causing it to become !@#$tier. That's already true, and it should be true. The other side of that coin is, if you can attract more nobles, the realm gets less !@#$ty. If you're trying to fix a crappy realm, I salute you. I've been in that situation myself and I think it makes for a fun challenge, like fixing a dilapidated old house. But there's no guarantee that you will succeed. In my case, we failed. But it was fun to try. If it hadn't been a challenge, then it wouldn't have been fun.

Buffalkill

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: No man is an island, not even a noble man
« Reply #31: April 12, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
I've changed the original Feature Request taking into consideration the very helpful feedback from the forum. Thanks to everybody for providing constructive criticism and please keep it coming!