Author Topic: Political power score  (Read 14977 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Political power score
« Reply #30: May 04, 2014, 08:57:45 PM »
Indeed. I recently watched the movie Gladiator, "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome."  8)  It's not a deterministic system. It takes objectively knowable information and boils it down to a number. It doesn't preclude someone from being the so-called power behind the throne, but such power is generally hidden.
You aren't providing useful information. Who has more knights doesn't help me decide if they are more powerful politically. Who has more lords doesn't help me decide which dukes are more powerful politically. And I don't need to know that Arcaea has a lot of nobles to know they are a politically powerful realm.

You just keep saying this idea is so helpful and so useful and yet you have yet to explain how that is true. Listing benefits without explaining how this political power score somehow equates to those benefits is not explaining how this is helpful or useful.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton