Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 145588 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #45: May 27, 2011, 11:39:34 PM »
Yeah, my first town failed badly too, but this one seems to be doing fairly decent.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 28, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
My previous town was doing pretty well and looked like we could go for quite a while. Until someone forgot to close the gates and 90+ zombies got in :(

My current town seems to be doing quite well, but a few of the people who are taking charge seem a bit shouty, so it could end up with a big argument and everyone stops working together. We had a pretty good start though, found a hacksaw and got the factory on day 2, so we're producing a lot of resources really cheaply. Got a hero with a kitchen making +7 AP foods each day and we're only on day 3. I just really hope the hot-heads don't get in an argument and the town breaks down >.<

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #47: May 28, 2011, 01:58:15 PM »
Got a hero with a kitchen making +7 AP foods each day...

Yeah, I have one of those too... I call that hero "my wife"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: May 28, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
Meh, I'm not such a fan of their system. The regional talk doesn't seem to refresh on its own, opening a new tab often turns out blank, so needs to be refreshed. The UI seems quite clunky.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 28, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
Try a different browser, update it, or something because I know a couple people playing and we haven't had any issues so far. And using tabs in the game just seems like a bad idea because the system seems designed to be played from one browser not multiples.

The game is neat, its funny, difficult, and overall pretty cool.  Having to be a paying player just to upgrade your home in the town or have a special class is lame.

As for dieing because of someone not shutting the door.  That is why the portal lock is so good even though people ignore it, because it leads to the piston lock which automatically closes the doors 30 minutes before the attack and prevents it from being opened again.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:36:35 PM by squishymaster »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 28, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
Try a different browser, update it, or something because I know a couple people playing and we haven't had any issues so far. And using tabs in the game just seems like a bad idea because the system seems designed to be played from one browser not multiples.

The game is neat, its funny, difficult, and overall pretty cool.  Having to be a paying player just to upgrade your home in the town or have a special class is lame.

As for dieing because of someone not shutting the door.  That is why the portal lock is so good even though people ignore it, because it leads to the piston lock which automatically closes the doors 30 minutes before the attack and prevents it from being opened again.

And then you're shut outside if you come home to late... A good gatekeeper > any lock imho

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 29, 2011, 03:28:51 AM »
I would agree with that statement, a good gatekeeper. The first two towns I play in had a gatekeeper and a standby gatekeeper, both lost to someone leaving the door open.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 29, 2011, 12:32:42 PM »
Well, it seems to become a recurring theme that a group of random people simply don't have a reliable enough gatekeeper. Our Town was doing very well, but the gatekeeper didn't close the gates and now almost everyone is dead for no reason.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 29, 2011, 03:08:23 PM »
Yeah, I'm dead too :p Too bad, we seemed to be ready for a long run!

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 29, 2011, 03:12:07 PM »
At least we didn't get the rotten luck to find a good longlasting town while Tom was away ;)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 29, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
At least we didn't get the rotten luck to find a good longlasting town while Tom was away ;)

Hurray!

Zakilevo

« Reply #56: May 30, 2011, 04:42:03 AM »
Hmm you cant kill zombies with your bare hands if you are not a hero? that sucks

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 30, 2011, 04:49:15 AM »
The game needs money to run, thus they need to make hero's an attractive prospect, thus they get all the good stuff. You can get hero time without paying, but you need to be the last survivor of a town that has survived past some arbitrary time line. It is certainly possible, but in no way a reliable way to be a hero.

The fact that even hero's can only bring limited people into a coalition shows the central theme of the game, that of survival under random conditions. Once you personally have racked up some good games I believe you can join Legend towns, which are full of other veteran players which makes things somewhat easier, only those towns have new game mechanics to face as well. All in all its a very well put together game, but I got tired of endlessly trying to motivate and organise a new town. The best I ever got was about 40 days survival.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #58: May 30, 2011, 04:56:29 AM »
Is there any way to survive outside of the village? I used up all of AP and stuck...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: May 30, 2011, 04:58:52 AM »
Is there any way to survive outside of the village? I used up all of AP and stuck...

Have you used up all the AP restoration methods for the day? In my towns we used to have a few members dedicated to run rescue missions, taking food/water etc to stuck players, or running out to booster a regions combat rating so people could retreat. Other then that I believe the newest version did add ways of surviving outside, but I'm not sure if that only works in Legend Towns
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.