Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 145815 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #60: May 30, 2011, 12:40:11 PM »
Yes, Inspect the Zone and you will see your chances to survive a night if you go into hiding/camping. You can use AP to improve your chances.

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: May 30, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »
Ah cool, managed to find 8 zombies and lost my eye! I really should keep it with building stuff rather then walking outside

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #62: May 30, 2011, 05:15:01 PM »
Yes, I can make you all avatars for Die2Nite. Here's what they look like:

I need your Die2Nite name and your e-mail address so I can send it to you.

Zakilevo

« Reply #63: May 31, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
Woo very nice avatar :) Send me one too Tom. My name on die2nite is Zakilevo and my email address is stinkyoldmen@gmail.com :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 05, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »
Vital info below for anyone playing die2nite.

1) How to improve chances of getting a good group:

In die2nite, the worst problem is getting stuck with noobs/inactives. So, if you suspect/know that you/your town is going to get wiped out that night, be sure to log-in just after the attack. You will then be able to join a town with a lot of people who will have played before (they would have logged in, found they died and joined a new town). The fact that they log in right after the attack also shows dedication, which a direly needed in this!

Alternately, just wait to join a town at about 23:35 game-time. Same principal as above.

The above is really good if you can do it because it will save you many days of wiping because you got stuck with useless group.

2) Advanced map add-on (player-developed map system)

The below is straight from the in-game forum, and it seems to all check out.

"Map: http://die2nite.gamerz.org.uk/mymap

The external map site is REALLY useful.
1) lets you see what's in the town bank when you're outside
2) see construction
3) coordinates of other players
4) town overview
5) other great things!

Be sure to update the map everytime you move in the world beyond

Click on the words "update current zone" at the top of the page.
Doing this records:
1) items on the ground
2) status of the zone (depleted)
3) EXACT # of zombies"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 05, 2011, 07:56:05 PM »
We got a pretty good town going on. Survived a spike, now ready for day 7. Day 8 will become a big problem though :(

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 05, 2011, 08:18:21 PM »
Sounds really good! Hope you make it further, and report on outcome.

So far I have hit two 4 day towns, and one 2 day. Was one of the last survivors in two of them ;)

The current town looks really excellent - already have tower and workshop on day 1! I found this town by using tactic number 1 hehe. Unfortunately I have yet to play with another member of my coalition sigh...

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: June 05, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
Currently on day 11. Dying tonight because we've had a sneaky griefer with us.

They built the Foundations using up some of our Concrete Blocks we were saving for Stone Cannon. Then they used our only Electronic Component on the Upgraded Map (again, being saved for the Cannon). They then used most of our Nuts & Bolts on the Razor Wall (saved for Ramparts). We've not been able to find any more Nuts & Bolts or Concrete Blocks and have been surviving off temporary defences since day 7/8.

Finally ran out of resources tonight, so we've all ran into the desert. We have ~550 defence, with a minimum of ~820 zombies (max ~920) tonight. I'll be dead tonight since all the best camping spots are covered in more zombies than I can kill, or are taken by other town members. Been a nice run though :P

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 05, 2011, 08:56:17 PM »
You think that was just one person? How much AP do those projects cost?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 05, 2011, 10:33:37 PM »
Apparently socalled meta's exist, aiming to get over 30 days :) so really, 11 days is peanuts :P (though I haven't got that far yet!)

PS: workshop and search tower on day 1 seems like a bare minimum :P

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 05, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
Meta's go for 30-40 days generally and that's considered pretty normal. Random Towns reaching 20+ days is quite a feat. There's quite a difference in between it :)

Our Town has pretty much no nuts and bolts left so we can't really build any more defences.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 06, 2011, 02:07:00 AM »
You think that was just one person? How much AP do those projects cost?

85 AP in total, which is ~5 days worth of AP. So yeah, I think it was one person :P Especially since we could see the bars slowly creep up each day on them.

We could probably have only gone another day or two further without that griefer as we'd still have faced a Nuts & Bolts shortage, so wasting them on Foundations only sped up our demise.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #72: June 08, 2011, 05:05:49 PM »
Everyone in the 1st BM coalition pretty much expects to die2nite. So if there are any other BM coalitions around, you may want to hold off joining for a day and come with us. If you have a hero, he can join a specific town. All we need to do is post which town we joined quick enough.

How cool would it be to have a town with ~10 people with BM avatars? :-)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 08, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »

How cool would it be to have a town with ~10 people with BM avatars? :-)

like 1000

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 08, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
To the citizens of the town of Strange Chasm of Bees:

Well, folks, unless you have a brilliant idea or a miracle happens, I believe this is the end of our town. It was a good run and we did our best...well, most of us did our best. I don't like giving up, nor does Edward (especially Edward). If you want to go camp outside, be our guest. Edward and I will be drinking water and singing during the attack, at which time, we will be devoured. It has been an honor and a true joy playing with many dedicated people. We will miss you all. Krime777, topher, and myself are currently in a coalition. If you care to join, send a message or ask on one of the threads, since we actually read the forum. Let's hope for a miracle, though. Good luck to all in the next life and happy scavenging (Edward says kill a zombie or two for us). We will be back at 1:00PM Central Time (20:00 Game Time) to watch the fireworks (or as Edward calls it "The Witching Hour").

Yours most sincerely,

Whisper In The Dark

P.S. Edward will eventually be making his final farewell speech/rant when we get back. Bear in mind, Edward is not as nice as I am, so expect to be offended.

For those in the first coalition, might as well share this. It was too long to put it on the coalition board.