Author Topic: Die2Nite  (Read 146703 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Die2Nite
« Reply #120: June 20, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »
Yeah, you can reload the battery gun. I'm on autosearch now, hoping to find more batteries...

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: June 20, 2011, 06:07:11 PM »
It seems I have been finding quite a lot of batteries myself, don't have a use for them right now. Just spent the maximum of 10 ap upgrading my campsite, and my last ap to find a tomb. Which brings me to this question: I have only ever seen "You reckon your chances of surviving here are decent : you just have to hope for the best!"

The above is the best that I have ever seen - has anyone seen anything better? That is what I have seen tonight, and on the previous two nights in my previous camp site where I upgraded it with three trestles over two nights (as well as numerous ap spent improving it and then finding a tomb).

Zakilevo

« Reply #122: June 20, 2011, 07:57:13 PM »
I've seen largely satisfactory. I get it sometimes.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: June 20, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
That's actually worse :)

Descriptions of your campsite's survival chance, from the least safe to the most safe:

You reckon your chances of surviving here are hee haw... Might as well take some cyanide now. [0,15]%
    You reckon your chances of surviving here are really poor. Maybe you should play heads or tails? (15,30]%
    You reckon your chances of surviving here are poor. Difficult to say. (30-45]%
    You reckon your chances of surviving here are limited, but tempting. However, accidents happen... (45-60]%
    You reckon your chances of surviving here are largely satisfactory, as long as nothing unforeseen happens. (60-75%]
    You reckon your chances of surviving here are decent : you just have to hope for the best! (75-90]%

Note that every night you camp, it gets more difficult to continue camping. Read on the fully article here:

http://die2nitewiki.com/wiki/Camping

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: June 21, 2011, 01:22:25 AM »
Our coalition is all dead now, how are you guys doing?  Should we start a new town tomorrow after the wave, so like 23 hours from now, or do you need some more time?

Zakilevo

« Reply #125: June 21, 2011, 01:32:53 AM »
I think my coalition is pretty dead as well. I barely had a chance to play with mine too..

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: June 21, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »
I think my coalition is pretty dead as well. I barely had a chance to play with mine too..

That's because you keep on joining random towns while we are trying to gather people for the next town. But yes, Darksun doesn't seem to be playing anymore, and I'm not sure about Dominicus.

Our coalition is all dead now, how are you guys doing?  Should we start a new town tomorrow after the wave, so like 23 hours from now, or do you need some more time?

I'm still camping on day six -  while it is rather boring I would like to see how far I can get (have already camped for 3 nights). I'm not sure that our coalition will ever get over half the people to be ready to join a game with you guys.

That's actually worse :)

Note that every night you camp, it gets more difficult to continue camping. Read on the fully article here:

http://die2nitewiki.com/wiki/Camping

Awesome thanks! :) I had forgotten about that gem - saw it when I started playing, and because it didn't mean much to me then I forgot about it. Now that I am becoming a "hardened camper", that site is really useful.

Silverhawk

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: June 21, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »
I stopped playing it, so dominicus is out
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: June 21, 2011, 02:30:22 PM »
I'm ready for a new town :) died in the desert. Thanks for setting things up, Squishy. You're a Hero ;)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: June 21, 2011, 08:15:09 PM »
I stopped playing it, so dominicus is out

Ok, cool.

I've started a new coalition. Fleugs, you have invite. Anyone else like one? I'm hoping to get 5 active people who have read some survival guides and know what is happening.

Zakilevo

« Reply #130: June 21, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
Huh I though you have to press join a random town every time. Didn't realize you can wait for people. Oh well, the coalition dissolved, so invite me whenever.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: June 21, 2011, 08:54:42 PM »
Huh I though you have to press join a random town every time. Didn't realize you can wait for people. Oh well, the coalition dissolved, so invite me whenever.

No. If you choose not to join a random town, and you set yourself to 'available', you will be dragged in when another coalition member joins a random town. In our coalition we coordinate to see when everybody will be dead at the same time, and then someone joins a town - so we're all together.

And of course if there's people dieing sooner (D'Este? :p) they join a town until we're all ready again :)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: June 21, 2011, 09:34:18 PM »

Yeah, you can change your status from "available" to "unavailable".

Hmm...I wonder why it dissolved? I was not the leader...perhaps Darksun dissolved it? I've sent you an invite so long - hopefully we can get some towns together now.

I will keep the forum updated here on what the status is of the new coalition.

Ps: gathering is going really well - just found some plywood and a water pistol. Now if only I had some extra water left for it :( (down to 1 ration, to be drunk tomorrow). Edit: Eh, only got "largely satisfactory" for tonight. Hope I make it!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:43:48 PM by Bael »

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: June 21, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »
If you have two spare spots, my friend and I will join with you guys. He doesn't play Battlemaster though, hence why I didn't join the original coalitions. If you're willing to look passed that disability, I'm sure he won't mind joining with some decent active players.

How many Soul Points are we all on now? I've managed to get myself to 95. The town I'm in now will last until day 3, so looks like I'll be able to join veteran towns the next time I die.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: June 21, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »
I think I have like 3 soulpoints now. But I'm about to die and this is my fourth day alive I believe, so it should give me some points at least.
Ardet nec consumitur.