Author Topic: Prevent "rogue peasants" from blocking battles  (Read 2390 times)

Jens Namtrah

So first of all, I assume this is what happened, or at least that it works this way if there was some other cause in our particular case:

2 Realms at war, one sitting in a rogue region, the other enters & stirs up peasants, preventing a battle because both sides hate rogue.

I imagine "murderous" or some other workarounds exist, but would it be easy to simply run the Diplomacy check before stirring up  peasants and if a battle would otherwise occur, suppress the peasants.

Secondary would be the same for monsters, but that doesn't occur so often as to be much of an issue

Zakilevo

It would be nice if rogue forces stay neutral when two realms at war clashes.

Jens Namtrah

That would require rewriting parts of the Diplomacy engine, I think. I'm hoping this would be an easier solution, as least in the short-term

Eirikr

This has been a known issue for some time, if I understand what you're saying (diplomacy settings are always confusing). I think they were still unsure what would be a good solution coding-wise.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
The solution is not as easy as it would appear. There are quite a few side effects and interactions that would need to be considered.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

What side effect would occur from not creating a group of peasants?

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I think this is one of those bugs that should be considered a feature. Rogues/peasants throw a wildcard into the mix. Sometimes weird things happen in the chaos of war and this seems to reflect that.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Could you not do something like:

"Are rogue troops present?

If yes, check to see if there would be a battle between any opposing realms were the rogue troops not present.

If yes, the rogue troops stand aside.

If no, the rogue troops attack/defend/whatever."

I feel this particular feature adds nothing to the game beyond frustration and the occasional, "Oh, cool, look, the undead are fighting with us".