Author Topic: Drafting  (Read 2456 times)

Zakilevo

Drafting
« Topic Start: June 12, 2014, 04:42:52 AM »
I think Drafting should work differently. It seems you can draft indefinitely as long as you know how to do it well.

Why not make drafted units have very low training and morale? If the center has 70 training, maybe make drafted troops only have 7~14 training?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Drafting
« Reply #1: June 12, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »
I think Drafting should work differently. It seems you can draft indefinitely as long as you know how to do it well.

Why not make drafted units have very low training and morale? If the center has 70 training, maybe make drafted troops only have 7~14 training?
I have not seen it used much myself, although I understand where you are coming from on this.

Your solution with its current numbers would not work though and to be honest I don't see any working where there is a damage to stats. Not because it wouldn't make people want to use it all the time, quite the opposite.

If you damage the stats during a draft it loses its purpose. The only time I think it would be used is in realms completely running out of recruits, if stats are damaged.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 12, 2014, 09:30:38 AM »
It makes sense, but I don't think it would be easy/practical to make this change. The game doesn't currently differentiate between troops trained normally and ones that are drafted.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: June 12, 2014, 12:47:34 PM »
If you damage the stats during a draft it loses its purpose. The only time I think it would be used is in realms completely running out of recruits, if stats are damaged.

Well if you are 'drafting' soldiers shouldn't be coming out with full stats ;p

Maybe it is best to let the whole drafting thing add debuffs for the region since we have the region buffs now.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 12, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
I think this falls into the realms of "Don't needlessly overcomplicate things" and "don't make things suck". Realms that are hurting for recruits already have it bad enough. Why would we want to pile even more suckage onto them?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 15, 2014, 07:23:56 PM »
I agree, this would cause too much complication. Morale loss does happen in the region and affects all the recruits already.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.