Author Topic: in game misogyny?  (Read 22517 times)

Weylyn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: in game misogyny?
« Topic Start: May 28, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »
I don't mean to offend, but that is the impression it gives off.  I have no experience with your other characters, but your character on the SI is a one dimensional misogynist who does nothing but spew anti-woman treatises.  I wonder if the titans would be so lax if it was someone expounding pseudo-Nazi propaganda or a hate for those with "black skin," even with a few sentences of backstory.  It certainly doesn't give a good impression for a game struggling to retain its players and attract new ones.

:o

Holy !@#$, that escalated quickly.

"I don't mean to offend, but..."

Any post that starts with that, or any variant of it, needs to not be posted. It's a dishonest opening by definition, because it announces that you are about to do whatever you claim you do not mean to do. Whenever a message starts with that sentence, whatever comes after can't be worth reading. You did mean to offend, and you knew that when you wrote it.

As for the rest, satisfying Godwin's Law in 6 posts isn't something to be proud of.

No one has a right to never be offended, despicable characters are not matters for the Titans. If you disapprove of a character, there is nothing stopping you from standing up to it with equal ferocity. Comparing someone to a Nazi on the forum, however, is never acceptable.