Author Topic: Additional Action for General  (Read 4986 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Additional Action for General
« Topic Start: May 22, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
If general is not to have too much direct power, he should also at least be able to receive all messages from all armies marked as orders, as well as able to read standing orders for all armies.

that is not much, he should at least have overview how marshals implement his orders, and such level of information would be approximation to what ruler, banker and judge receive in their domains.

I had thought this would be nice too even though, it is simple for a Marshal to simple send a report of the orders to the General. Standing Orders I still think that would be nice. The reason why I don't think normal orders sent to the army should be sent to the General is because it would make it harder for an army to go rouge against the General. It is a small element but I feel like their should be some freedom for someone to make a small army and at one point do something on their own like rebel or w/e without it instantly telling the General.

I thought of something that could maybe also apply for Marshals. When a realm is together looting a region, a General/Marshal could create a temporary pot sort of. A noble after receiving gold from looting could choose if they want to put the gold into the pot or not. Then the General/Marshal could distribute it to whoever is in the region or part of the army, or maybe send it to the whole realm through the taxes system. This would be beneficial for armies that are trying to stay on the field longer by looting, but things can happen where one Noble loots a ton causing peasants to come and players that play the game towards the end of a turn never get a chance.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:41:50 AM by MaleMaldives »