Author Topic: Drinking beer, listening to Alice in Chains, feeling calm.... Sandalak  (Read 42477 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I refuse to relinquish my ability to reply to people who say silly things. If you want to yell at someone for bringing up Sartan, you should yell at Woefly.

You can reply. Just don't be post trolling flamebait on topics that are better left dead.

We've had the whole Sartan flamefest IG, and you saw what happened. Why the hell would you want to bring it all back out onto the forum, unless you were deliberately trying to rekindle the flamewar here? Or do you think that discussion on the forums is somehow inherently more capable of treating the matter in more rationale, mature manner than IG debate, despite the fact that it's all the same players having the discussion?

Regardless, it seems we are actually capable of having a conversation without the mod hammer you guys wield too quickly too often. Can you guys relax a little until there is an actual NEED for your intervention?
We tried that before. It failed miserably, drove a crapload of people away from the forums, and possibly the game, and lead to the more active mod policy that we currently use. (Which was, I might add, demanded by the forum users.) The fact that you weren't around when it happened doesn't mean that we're required to let the whole charlie foxtrot happen all over again, just so you can experience it and agree that yeah, that wasn't such a good idea. You'll just have to trust that we know what we're doing, whether you personally like it or not. Sometimes the things that are best for the community aren't necessarily to someone's personal taste.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.