Author Topic: Number of playable nobles  (Read 1896 times)

Harumune

Number of playable nobles
« Topic Start: June 06, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »
I have acquired 5 points of family fame and as per the wiki I should be able to play one noble character more, however, I am not allowed to do so as the game says I already have as many nobles as I am allowed. I currently have 2 regular nobles and the 1 on the War Island. I was under impression that War Island slot wouldn't interfere with the regular limitations?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Number of playable nobles
« Reply #1: June 06, 2014, 05:07:37 PM »
It is not supposed to. There have been some bugs around this; however, I thought I had fixed those.

How long has it been since you received your 5th fame point?

What is your family name, so I can check out your account and make sure nothing's screwed up?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 06, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »
If it's any help, you may need a while for that slot to open up. As I remember, mine took almost a week, but I didn't really notice cause my advy hadn't gotten his third recommendation. You may need to be patient a while.

Harumune

« Reply #3: June 06, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
Right, perhaps I am being too eager. I only got the fame today and I want the character right away. I will give it a few days and check if the problem still exists.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 06, 2014, 05:34:14 PM »
To clarify: When everything is working properly, you should get your limits bumped up the next time the cleanup script runs (and it runs at about 8AM server time).

However, there are depressingly often bugs in the cleanup script that result in it not running properly, sometimes for several days at a time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Harumune

« Reply #5: June 06, 2014, 05:45:51 PM »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 06, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
You need to wait for a day if I'm not wrong for the limit to increase.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Harumune

« Reply #7: June 07, 2014, 12:49:45 PM »
The script has done its part perfectly and I am now available to create a new noble character. No bugs here.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 07, 2014, 03:35:17 PM »
Have fun with another noble! :)
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.