Author Topic: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?  (Read 68752 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?
« Reply #180: August 30, 2014, 11:18:09 AM »
Got timed out and original post deleted... anyhow, a summary of it:

For Indrik:

Melhed was lying. There is really noone refuting this. Melhed has confessed to the lies, and anyone who knows anything about the conversations among rulers knows they have lied. Pavel and Maya both, in extreme amounts (as in, not just 1-2 letters, but in every letter sent to the northern rulers for the last... 1-2 months for Maya at least and a similar amount of time for Pavel). Its just a waste of time to discuss wether it was technically a lie and if perhaps not you could in a small sense of thinking from a certain perspective somehow consider it slightly close to truth. Because it wasnt. Tandaros and player of Pavel could surely bring more light to it if you dont believe me.

And yes obviously they are allowed to lie. They may gain something from it and then by all means go ahead. What I said was a problem is that all rulers are without problem accepting that Melhed has lied its ass off for a year or so, and soon it will all be under the bridge and noone will care, just as they dont care now. Indeed they can take advantage of Melheds position in their war, but to accept their IG behaviour and not care 5 cents about how their rulers behave does not rhyme well with supposedly noble and chivalrous rulers that Riombara (and to my knowledge at least Nothoi and Spearhold, and possibly others) claim to be. It least not for me.

For other posts:

There is no longer any sense for Thalmarkin to let Melhed live (should we win...). The have already explained that there can be no peace between Melhed and Thalmarkin under these situations, and one can only manage so many backstabbs, lies and betrayals.

For Octavius:

Thalmarkin followed the treaty of the Lastfell-situation to the dots. The treaty was indeed badly written (for Melhed), but Thalmarkin never broke it by keeping Lastfell. Melhed may feel tricked from it (rightly), but they wrote it and we followed it. Thereafter Melhed tried to attack Thalmarkin (when Thalmarkin had had all our regions genocided to death by the daimons, and literally almost no economy), but we resisted them with our allies. Melheds aggressions did however nullify the treaty, and Thalmarkin attacked Melhed a few months later when a few of our regions had at least 50% population (might exaggerate a little here, but not much).

Thalmarkin didnt break any treaty or lie to Melhed. The rest of the rulers accepted this. Not so strange.

For Chenier:

Why would we ever come to the aid of Enweil? Thats one of the more riddiculous things i've heard (and I've seen tons of letters from Maya and Pavel! :p ). And why would we ever spare Melhed now? Neither makes any sense, but perhaps I misunderstood your conversation with Lorgan.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 02:26:51 PM by Noldorin »
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.