Author Topic: The War of Thalmarkin... Supremacy?  (Read 63947 times)

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The War of... heck, who knows really?
« Reply #45: June 19, 2014, 12:04:40 AM »
And worst when you found out that some other islands' turn did not go and hence no movement. Speaking of evil!

Melhed was never surrendering. Haha. Fingolfin got it into his head that we were, but we were only making the best out of the situation. I tried to bring the west to fight instead of sitting around, really, as they seemed idle. In the end, they finally decided to join anyway partly i hope was because i pressured Fronen into it. In fact, Fingolfin's betrayal of sending my letters to Fronen actually backfired. Fronen thought i was doing a truth or dare with them by telling them I am going to join the Thals if they don't fight for us soon, but when Fingolfin sent them the letter, they immediately spring to life. :p

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 19, 2014, 12:45:19 AM »
I blame the Sartanists. They used their Daimon magic to kill their new King so they can seize the throne. Melhed beware!

Nah, if I was going to kill the king I'd have done it in about a month when I'd be better entrenched. As it is, I'm at a disadvantage and have to play my cards very carefully if I want the throne :p

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 19, 2014, 01:00:41 AM »
I blame the Sartanists. They used their Daimon magic to kill their new King so they can seize the throne. Melhed beware!

Actually I find it fairly telling that Melhed has Sartan on their side now and server issues mess their battle up. Talk about divine intervention, eh? :)

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 19, 2014, 04:39:00 AM »
Actually I find it fairly telling that Melhed has Sartan on their side now and server issues mess their battle up. Talk about divine intervention, eh? :)

Too soon bro.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 19, 2014, 10:59:31 AM »

Clearly it is the fault of too few of the heathens in Melhed converting to the true faith - we must burn the infidels and then we will be guaranteed victory :p

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 19, 2014, 03:56:18 PM »
This eagerness to blame the server for a lost battle shouldn't be pressed too much. Half of Melhed's army didn't arrive. Half (or more, it's hard to tell since Enzo is never at the front) of Thalmarkin's army didn't arrive. Unless Melhed had managed to recruit 16k in mobile CS, the outcome was more or less ordained. Probably not the death of King Pavel, but a loss.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 19, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
There should never have been a battle in Marpii - the plan was always to change travel to Lloringel as close to the end of turn as possible in order to catch up with stragglers.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: June 19, 2014, 09:51:27 PM »
There should never have been a battle in Marpii - the plan was always to change travel to Lloringel as close to the end of turn as possible in order to catch up with stragglers.

That would've been more interesting, but I'm not sure that they were stragglers so much as snagged by the same server problem that caught Melhed. Thalmarkin's problem is rarely coordinated movement, but we have many others to distract us. :)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 19, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
And I think this demonstrates one of the various problems with relying on late-turn movement like that—especially late-turn changes in movement.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: June 20, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
Ahh... THAT was a good turn.

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 21, 2014, 11:20:47 PM »
And Melhed gathers to bury their king and choose a successor in one day. Some awesome realm-wide RPs going down. Anything can happen!

Disturbedyang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 22, 2014, 01:28:52 AM »
And Melhed gathers to bury their king and choose a successor in one day. Some awesome realm-wide RPs going down. Anything can happen!

Becareful while sleeping gentleman, or ladies. :p

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 22, 2014, 06:11:04 AM »
Elicia is still wounded, she got seriously wounded the turn after the battle in Yipinalke. Once she recovers expect some serious stuff. Thalmarkin did a great mistake by attacking the Fronen forces.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 22, 2014, 09:09:03 AM »
Elicia is still wounded, she got seriously wounded the turn after the battle in Yipinalke. Once she recovers expect some serious stuff. Thalmarkin did a great mistake by attacking the Fronen forces.

It's quite funny how using obvious lies has become a part of diplomatic strategy. Never really saw it on BT before (except perhaps Chenier), and it leads to some tricky business for the ones trying to avoid it :p

Everyone already knows that Fronen were attacking Thalmarkin, and we beat you to it (though not really, since we attacked Melhed, not Fronen). Question is only which side people will prefer.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 22, 2014, 10:00:10 AM »
How the hell could anyone think Fronen and Thal would not fight eachother. Least of all Fronen's ruler..