Author Topic: I killed my own religion?  (Read 5853 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I killed my own religion?
« Topic Start: June 10, 2014, 12:17:28 AM »
I have founded a religion in BT, and I had the religion-manage options.

So I had the "brilliant" idea of demote the founder to elder status...  ::) ... And all the options had disappeared of the religion page!? Now, I only can read the internal and the members only boards... I have no options at all.

It's a bug, or I have (very effectively, I must say) killed my own religion?  :P

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Re: I killed my own religion?
« Reply #1: June 10, 2014, 01:36:19 AM »
You should be able to look at the member ranks and reclaim the founder rank. Its a link at the bottom of the page.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 10, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »
Thanks for your answer.  :)

Where is this link?

I look in the Actions page:

"Visit the "xxxxx" temple"->
Then I can see "You have reached... entrance reading:", the box with the welcome message and "You can also read the internal and the members only boards." and there is nothing more in the page!... If I remember well, all the options where below this lines... or I'm wrong?

And in the religion page are only options to preach, etc... nothing to manage the religion.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 10, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »
When you visit the temple, keep poking around. There aren't that many options, so it shouldn't be to hard to find it, if it exists. Alternatively... and this is a bit risky, you may be able to completely leave the religion, and then rejoin. The problem with that is that you would have to leave the priest class, and then not be able to become a priest again before the religion collapses. Do you have any other priests, or can someone else become one?

Beyond that, you may have uncovered a bug. Your religion didn't collapse due to no elders, or no priests, or anything like that, did it? If not, then maybe you have time to work out some work-around to get things back on track.

And next time, don't demote yourself from the founder's rank! :p
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 11, 2014, 12:33:54 AM »
"There aren't that many options?" There are no options!  :P

I have seen the HTML and the last line of the page is "You can also read the internal and the members only boards.", so no options at all.

I have searched in -Information- -Your Guilds- and I am an elder of the religion, so the religion "knows" my existence and don't collapse...

I'm thinking in pausing the character, wait a day, and un-pause it. Maybe this can solve the matter. And one day will not be enough for a religion to collapse, I suppose.  ???

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 11, 2014, 01:44:49 AM »
"There aren't that many options?" There are no options!  :P

I have seen the HTML and the last line of the page is "You can also read the internal and the members only boards.", so no options at all.

I have searched in -Information- -Your Guilds- and I am an elder of the religion, so the religion "knows" my existence and don't collapse...

I'm thinking in pausing the character, wait a day, and un-pause it. Maybe this can solve the matter. And one day will not be enough for a religion to collapse, I suppose.  ???
Every temple and shrine goes down by a level, with those at level 1 being destroyed, so I don't recommend that as there is no grace period.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 11, 2014, 01:44:51 AM »
With only one size one temple, it may die in a day.

Anyway, it sounds like the page source is truncated. A definite bug. Please file a bug report.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 11, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
Ok. no pausing then!  ;D

I will make a bug report.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #8: June 13, 2014, 04:38:41 PM »
When you found a religion, it automatically makes you a priest?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 13, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »
Yes.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 13, 2014, 05:19:00 PM »
And you step down from all positions you hold at the time. It is expected that you will be dedicating your life to the new religion.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #11: June 13, 2014, 10:07:44 PM »
yep, that much I remembered. does it require you to wait 2 weeks if you've recently changed class, or does it bypass that?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 15, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »
I founded a religion, promoted someone else to be elder and then demoted myself from being elder. Since then the religion works fine but I can't see anything other than the external board when I go to a temple.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 15, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »
I founded a religion, promoted someone else to be elder and then demoted myself from being elder. Since then the religion works fine but I can't see anything other than the external board when I go to a temple.

Have you checked this within the past few days?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

TIP64

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 02, 2014, 05:51:30 AM »
What is the religion?
I'm trying to start a religion as well.