Author Topic: Lordship Elections  (Read 3871 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Lordship Elections
« Topic Start: May 25, 2011, 07:34:39 AM »
Sorry if this is obvious to anyone but I haven't had a rule char in literally years. What are the conditions on lordship elections? Do claims affect the election in anyway? If not, can the election be set so only those with claims are eligible? Inside what paramteters can lordship elections be organized? (assuming that there is any choice by the ruler at all.)

EDIT: Ah crap, I've just realized I posted this in the wrong forum... :( can someone please move it?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:00:04 AM by Shane "Shenron" O'neil »
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Lordship Elections
« Reply #1: May 25, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
Claims have, afaik, no mechanics background. The person in charge of appointing a Lord should (in theory) consider them when appointing a Lord, though.

In Fissoa, for instance, the Duke can appoint any noble a Lordship within the duchy, and the Regent appoints Lords in imperial regions.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 25, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
Claims have, afaik, no mechanics background. The person in charge of appointing a Lord should (in theory) consider them when appointing a Lord, though.

In Fissoa, for instance, the Duke can appoint any noble a Lordship within the duchy, and the Regent appoints Lords in imperial regions.

I understand the traditional system quite well, and claims do have a game mechanic affect: the ruler can appoint people without meeting them in the region.

I'm interested in the effect claims have on lordship elections. And more broadly, what options the ruler has when allowing lordship elections (if there are any.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 25, 2011, 12:14:02 PM »
Aha. Yes, I forgot you have way more experience in BM than I do ;) Nice Wiki pages by the way ;)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 25, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »
Aha. Yes, I forgot you have way more experience in BM than I do ;) Nice Wiki pages by the way ;)

Ha. The compliment is appreciated  8) I have to admit though, I haven't looked at my old family pages in ages! The trip down memory lane is pretty phenomenal. There are some things that I didn't even remember like names of titles etc. My god the writing is embarassing  :-[ It's so corny!! Ah well, I might rewrite it, but then again, it's nice to know what once was  :D

Anyway. Back on topic.
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 25, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
Claims, as far as I know, have no effect on elections. There is no morale penalty for electing someone with a weaker claim. Or, if there is, I've never noticed it.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 25, 2011, 02:57:00 PM »
Sorry if this is obvious to anyone but I haven't had a rule char in literally years. What are the conditions on lordship elections?
Mrh?

Do claims affect the election in anyway?
The presence or absence of a claim has no game-mechanics effect at all on who wins the election. That is based solely on the votes cast by the nobility.

If the lordship is already taken when the election finishes, and the current lord is not the winner, then the actual winner of the election is given a claim on the region.

If not, can the election be set so only those with claims are eligible?
There is currently no such option.

Inside what paramteters can lordship elections be organized? (assuming that there is any choice by the ruler at all.)
Rulers can select whether lords are elected or appointed. Those are their only choices. If you mean something else, then please explain.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 25, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »
Rulers can select whether lords are elected or appointed. Those are their only choices. If you mean something else, then please explain.

Apologies if my post was cryptic. I was assuming the ruler has a really different panel than when I experienced the position but it seems to be the same in this regard.

Since there doesn't seem to be any of the stuff I mentioned. I think I'll go and take a trip to the feature request section  8)

Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm