Main Menu

Captured by a unit that is defeated or wiped out

Started by Qyasogk, June 05, 2014, 09:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

Quote from: Qyasogk on June 09, 2014, 07:32:28 PM
Tom's memory is greater than that of the entire forum archive? That is impressive.

I guess if multiple people have requested it but it was rejected once years ago, then there's no merit to thinking about it longer than two seconds, right?
Don't be a jerk.

Snarky sniping at the dev team is certainly not going to get anyone to pay attention to you.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eirikr

Quote from: Qyasogk on June 09, 2014, 07:32:28 PM
Tom's memory is greater than that of the entire forum archive? That is impressive.
Even if it wasn't, some things stick out. I guarantee this would stick out... nobody likes prison, but it really is a vital part of the game.

Qyasogk

Quote from: Indirik on June 09, 2014, 10:55:13 PM
Don't be a jerk.

Ummm, that was a bit of an overreaction to a valid point. But I guess you see so much of that here you can't help but immediately stomp to death on anything you think is jerk behavior. You just might want to dial it down a tad.

Anaris

Quote from: Qyasogk on June 10, 2014, 10:29:23 PM
Ummm, that was a bit of an overreaction to a valid point.

However valid the underlying point may have been, it was made in a very sarcastic, passive-aggressive manner. You came across sounding like a jerk.

But I guess you see so much of that here you can't help but immediately stomp to death on anything you think is jerk behavior. You just might want to dial it down a tad.

You might want to dial down on the passive-aggressive behaviour toward the dev team, too. While I'm perfectly willing to admit that I'm not always as patient as I could be with players, that doesn't mean that I'm not very patient with a lot of really crappy behaviour.

If you want to stand out in the crowd, and be the one we pay (positive) attention to, then a really, really bad way to do it is to come at us with sarcasm and an attitude that you get to tell us how to do our jobs.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Qyasogk

I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk. I think I am maybe more easy going and playfull than what you guys are used to dealing with.

I must say as someone who's now been around here for over a year, the worst experiences I've had interacting with others in these forums have always been over-aggressive moderators, stomping down on every lively conversation, locking a thread rather than letting your users talk things out.

Certainly when I created this thread I only wanted to bring up a suggestion. How you guys respond to these suggestions is sometimes less than awesome. I prefer to reply with snark and humor rather than indignation and insult.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Qyasogk on June 11, 2014, 03:14:49 AM
I apologize if I came off sounding like a jerk. I think I am maybe more easy going and playfull than what you guys are used to dealing with.

I must say as someone who's now been around here for over a year, the worst experiences I've had interacting with others in these forums have always been over-aggressive moderators, stomping down on every lively conversation, locking a thread rather than letting your users talk things out.

Certainly when I created this thread I only wanted to bring up a suggestion. How you guys respond to these suggestions is sometimes less than awesome. I prefer to reply with snark and humor rather than indignation and insult.

That is because first) people can never talk things out on the forum. Moderators learned that and now will just shut down before anything crazy begins to surface. second) if you let people talk things out they will always say the same thing because this is internet and there is no such thing as discussion and debate. You just scream(in this case CAP) whatever you want and completely ignore what the other person says.