Author Topic: Brain candy: An Atamran War Island  (Read 1562 times)

Jens Namtrah

Brain candy: An Atamran War Island
« Topic Start: August 13, 2014, 02:49:53 AM »
Purely for the sake of thinking and discussion:

How well would it work out to take a big chunk out of Atamara (or other island - they are mostly modeled from same template) that would be the right noble density, but with (for example) 8 cities each hosting a realm, and then play everything else exactly like the War Island is set up now?

8 might be too high, but there were approximately 240 nobles on SI when it started - so 6-8 might fit.

That's it - discuss!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Brain candy: An Atamran War Island
« Reply #1: August 13, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
Well, some initial reactions:
1) It would be too easy for a single realm to take too much land and steamroll everyone else.
2) AT isn't really set up for it. Wrong geography. Terrain would have too much of an effect.
3) You may run into a problem with it being so big that it's too hard to project power from one side to the other. It may prove impossible to actually wipe out the other side.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jens Namtrah

Re: Brain candy: An Atamran War Island
« Reply #2: August 13, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
I'll admit I wrote this without actually looking at a map, but it seems like the area around CE/Tara/the lake could have enough cities and geography to investigate.

We would want a small, tight area for sure. I think you'd hit another city before you could gain enough land to steamroll; it might take some terrain adjustment though, you're right
'