Author Topic: What is your playstyle as a general/marshal?  (Read 18401 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: What is your playstyle as a general/marshal?
« Reply #45: August 06, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
There are some good ideas here. Some may go just a bit too far.

1) I am in favor of removing the ability to send cross-realm messages for all except council positions. Exception: You should always be able to talk to people in the same region with you. Those messages, however, are already restricted in that they have to be sent to everyone in the region. We would need to remove the private reply link. Possibly just add a check to the message editor screen that gives an error message if you do try to send a private message to someone outside your realm.

2) Continuing with #1, does anyone other than the ruler really need to be able to send messages to their counterparts? I can't really think of a reason for the banker to be sending messages. Maybe judges for prisoner agreement kind of things. Generals could possibly set the Rules of Engagement. But then again, rulers could handle all that kind of stuff, too. But then again, is removing the ability from the entire council really just a knee-jerk over-reaction?

3) I *think* that the winning team on SI got some kind of minor reward. A tip-of-the-hat, really. Scaling it to how long you've been in the realm isn't a bad idea.

4) I'm not sure we really need to remove the ability of nobles to switch realms. Sometimes it does make sense. But should we remove the ability to take your region with you?

5) Restoring autobans for allegiance changes... maybe only if you take your region with you?

Also, isn't this really the wrong place for this discussion? I didn't mean to derail the thread with a tirade against the SI situation.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.