Author Topic: Ease buying regions a little  (Read 18691 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Ease buying regions a little
« Topic Start: May 31, 2011, 05:08:18 PM »
i mostly thought of buying cities as an initial act of forming realms.

for realm to survive, much more is needed, of course, but if there would have been more chances for forming new realms, some more dynamics could be introduced.

If they have the resources to start a realm without dying right off the bat, then they have the resources for a CTO. Let's be honest, a successful colony effort requires cooperation between a group of people that have significant resources. This applies whether you buy your capital or colonize it, because after you take it you still have to feed your city and defend it from monsters. Therefore, the proposed change does absolutely nothing to remedy the poster's complaint, which appears to be that colonizing requires a significant number of people cooperating to make it happen.

I have riffed on this subject before. I am dead against anything that is intended to make founding a successful realm on Dwilight easier (not that I believe this suggestion would actually accomplish that). It's supposed to be difficult. You know, untamed wilderness and all that. It is also not next to impossible, which some people like to claim. If you can't get together a group of people committed to a colony, with backing from an established realm to provide you with gold and food and possible military support until you're on your feet, you don't deserve to get your own realm for the trifling cost of a couple thousand gold from your family.