Author Topic: Ease buying regions a little  (Read 18852 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Ease buying regions a little
« Reply #45: June 02, 2011, 02:53:10 AM »
Stue, the problem is that Tom has made his opinion on colonization and starting new realms very, very clear.  I remember the same statements that Tim and Rob do, and there was no wiggle room in them.

I really don't understand where you are coming from on this.

If you enter a region that has no lord, and your family has enough wealth, you get the options "Buy a claim" and "Buy region"

If you buy the region, you become its lord. If the region is a city, you become its duke.

If you become a Duke, you have the option to secede. If you secede, you become the Ruler of a new realm.

All of this is according to the game rules. All of this was DESIGNED AND CODED BY TOM.

The price is based on population; I don't know what the criteria are for chance of success.

All Stue is asking, as you can see by the title to this thread, is that the game "Ease buying regions a little". His reason is, as he stated several times, because he would like to break away from the "four friends plan it out OOC first" mold of new realms and make it easier for any Tom, Dick or Harry (with enough wealth) to venture out and give it a shot.

No new Game Mechanics. No new Rules. No new results. Just lower the price a little and increase the chance of success.

He wants you to tweak a couple of numbers, so that more people can do what only a few older players are able to do now .

(Did I completely misunderstand you, Stue?)