Author Topic: Unique items - Add/subtract from skills  (Read 14568 times)

Eirikr

Re: Unique items - Add/subtract from skills
« Reply #45: July 28, 2014, 05:07:53 AM »
I know what's being said, and I'll clarify my point:

Even when you completely surprise someone, they still get to fight back, albeit with an apparent penalty to sword fighting (as they only grab a dagger). My point is you should be able to catch someone completely unaware and the first thing they notice is your sword in their chest. I've never seen this.

Isn't there that one message that says something about sneaking into a room and putting so-and-so down permanently? No fight ensues, but it's also not really "permanent". I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I saw this at least once.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Unique items - Add/subtract from skills
« Reply #46: July 28, 2014, 05:30:19 AM »
Isn't there that one message that says something about sneaking into a room and putting so-and-so down permanently? No fight ensues, but it's also not really "permanent". I could be wrong, but I'm fairly sure I saw this at least once.

The permanently refers to the severity of the wound. Stability is right I think, I know of two outcomes if you manage to reach your target,

"Silently, you sneak up on your target, and surprise [Name]. He awakes at the last second, drawing a dagger, but is barely able to slow your attack."

and

"Your target is quick and attentive, and spots you in time. You have no choice but to fight [name] one on one."
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.