Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Heirs

Started by Shizzle, May 24, 2011, 06:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shizzle

I know this is partially covered by claims, but it would be interesting if Lords were able to assign a heir for their region, so that when they die that person automatically becomes Lord. :) it would strengthen the tie between Lords and their knights, as well as between knights and their region.

This feature could be expanded into other features as well, e.g. Guilds (though a 'second in command' covers that, I suppose) or army Marshals and Sponsors.

Thoughts?

cjnodell

Perhaps being appointed an heir ones claim to a region is raised instead?

Shizzle

Quote from: Pelgart on May 24, 2011, 07:18:41 PM
Perhaps being appointed an heir ones claim to a region is raised instead?

fair enough :)

this might be useful in several situations. One comes to mind: a Lord has two knights serving him. One has been in his service for a long time (= strong claim (?)), but is essentially useless. The other is new, but is very active and useful. The younger knight is appointed heir, and when the Lord gets killed in battle, the younger takes the Lordship.

Shizzle

Come to think of it: does receiving good marks increase someones claim? If so, this whole idea is obsolete :)

egamma

Quote from: Shizzle on May 24, 2011, 07:41:50 PM
Come to think of it: does receiving good marks increase someones claim? If so, this whole idea is obsolete :)

Well, let's make that a feature request--good marks improve claims, bad marks weaken them.

Shizzle

Quote from: egamma on May 25, 2011, 08:12:08 PM
Well, let's make that a feature request--good marks improve claims, bad marks weaken them.

I'm far too chaotic to submit feature requests :P I hope I'm not causing too many people trouble.

songqu88@gmail.com

Enough Good marks can protect from bans, which is nice. Three Bad marks allow the lord to renounce the oath, so that effectively removes any claim to zero. While it's not exactly a method of lowering claim, it does do something similar, as I believe that way the ousted knight has no claims after being kicked.