Author Topic: Major bug on testing islands.  (Read 5651 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Major bug on testing islands.
« Reply #15: August 28, 2014, 09:58:03 PM »
Aha!

Text-only bug. Working on a fix right now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #16: August 29, 2014, 08:08:57 PM »
Shall myself and Trying keep our taxes up to verify the fix has worked?

Also, does a "text-only bug" imply the penalties were still being applied, just weren't visible? Meaning that this higher tax level is manageable and therefore intended? I just want to make sure there isn't actually a bug with being able to use these high rates as well.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 29, 2014, 08:11:09 PM »
Also, does a "text-only bug" imply the penalties were still being applied, just weren't visible?

That is correct.

Meaning that this higher tax level is manageable and therefore intended? I just want to make sure there isn't actually a bug with being able to use these high rates as well.

This is, at present, questionable. I've run some numbers, and was quite shocked at the levels of taxes one would have to run in most cases to get the extreme tax penalties. I'm almost certainly going to be adjusting the numbers in the near future based on some suggestions by Indirik. However, those will be announced ahead of time.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #18: August 29, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
That is correct.

This is, at present, questionable. I've run some numbers, and was quite shocked at the levels of taxes one would have to run in most cases to get the extreme tax penalties. I'm almost certainly going to be adjusting the numbers in the near future based on some suggestions by Indirik. However, those will be announced ahead of time.

Excellent answer, as always. Thanks for keeping on top of these things! Let me know if there's any way I can help.

Eirikr

« Reply #19: September 02, 2014, 07:00:46 PM »
For the record, I do now see the tax messages (Lastfell, Thalmarkin). Stats still seem to be fairly stable with the high rate, however.