Author Topic: Major bug on testing islands.  (Read 5657 times)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Major bug on testing islands.
« Topic Start: August 23, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »
Set tax to 25% and enjoy.

Zakilevo

Re: Major bug on testing islands.
« Reply #1: August 23, 2014, 11:55:18 PM »
What will happen? :o

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 23, 2014, 11:57:40 PM »
Absolutely nothing. Other than getting more tax gold.

No peasant protests. No stat decrease.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 24, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
Set tax to 25% and enjoy.

If you're in the capital of a very small realm, this may not be a bug.

You'll need to give more information if you want to be helpful.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: August 24, 2014, 01:28:38 AM »
The last time I tried 25% my city almost revolted so I am not sure I should try this at home :o

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 24, 2014, 06:51:06 AM »
I have tax set to 25% the peasants say nothing. If I change the tax to something like 10% the peasants will complain about high taxes for that turn only and then say nothing. If I crank it back up to 25% they say nothing.

That observation was with a capital city though I have also set a rural near my capital to 25% with no consequences. I'll see if I can get a further out region and crank the taxes up.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 24, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »
I have tax set to 25% the peasants say nothing. If I change the tax to something like 10% the peasants will complain about high taxes for that turn only and then say nothing. If I crank it back up to 25% they say nothing.

That observation was with a capital city though I have also set a rural near my capital to 25% with no consequences. I'll see if I can get a further out region and crank the taxes up.

What regions was it in? What realm?

You have still given me no useful information.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eirikr

« Reply #7: August 25, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
If I may provide something tangible, though I don't think my situation is a bug:

Lastfell in Thalmarkin has been running a 17% tax for some time now; I seem to remember getting complaints from the peasants when I started... but I needed to boost gold production now, so I checked back a few region reports and didn't see the complaints. I just changed it to a 20% tax rate yesterday or the day before, so I'll let you know if I see a complaint message or not.

I typically run my regions light to avoid more region maintenance, so I may not actually be pushing Lastfell, hence why I don't think it's a bug yet.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 25, 2014, 05:21:02 PM »
OK, keep me informed.

I'm a little puzzled about this so far, so whatever information you can gather will be helpful.

I think the main problem may be that certain places are calculating "acceptable taxes" to be much higher than they should.
Timothy Collett

Eirikr

« Reply #9: August 26, 2014, 07:06:15 AM »
I've had two region reports since the tax change - no complaints to a 20% tax. In fact, there's no message regarding the tax at all (I know they also remark on low taxes, etc.).

Maybe that entire parameter got commented out or removed by accident?

Any other information, such as the report itself, I can provide that may be useful?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 26, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »
I've had two region reports since the tax change - no complaints to a 20% tax. In fact, there's no message regarding the tax at all (I know they also remark on low taxes, etc.).

Maybe that entire parameter got commented out or removed by accident?

Any other information, such as the report itself, I can provide that may be useful?

How about (as I requested from trying) the region names? :)
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 26, 2014, 02:23:34 PM »
OK, keep me informed.

I'm a little puzzled about this so far, so whatever information you can gather will be helpful.

I think the main problem may be that certain places are calculating "acceptable taxes" to be much higher than they should.

The problem he describes sounds more like "high tax detection work fine"+"ridiculously high tax detection is nonoperational". But I have no idea what the code looks like as far as taxes go.

Details like region names would, obviously, be useful.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 26, 2014, 02:37:49 PM »
The problem he describes sounds more like "high tax detection work fine"+"ridiculously high tax detection is nonoperational". But I have no idea what the code looks like as far as taxes go.

That was what I thought at first, too, before I checked into the code and remembered that it's quite a bit more complicated than that.
Timothy Collett

Eirikr

« Reply #13: August 26, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
How about (as I requested from trying) the region names? :)

My first post included the region name: Lastfell in Thalmarkin. Hasn't changed between postings. :)

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 28, 2014, 06:43:08 AM »
Uscala is running at 25% with stats only being lost due to distance issues.