Author Topic: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?  (Read 38197 times)

Gloria

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?
« Reply #120: September 10, 2014, 07:55:07 PM »

Ask questions like:
(scale of 1-5)
- I know why my realm is at war right now
- I feel the ruler/council considers opinions I give when making decisions
- I have had an opportunity to gain a new position (lord, vice marshal, run for council) this month
- I feel the realm has an exclusionary clique

Read these to look for trouble spots. You can't just let a computer script find those - you'll need to look it over and see what stands out, and then do the next step.

I actually think this survey would make a great research project.  It doesn't have to be forced, and developers and players don't need to make any decision about it.  But I think it would be great as a descriptor of our gaming community.  We could ask how long someone has been playing the game, and then ask those 4 questions, and see if the time one has been playing in the realm correlates to having a greater sense of belonging to the player community. 

We can think of more indicators of "belongingness" or "excludedness" (there are probably other words for these that are actually real words, but I'm brainstorming here), and then make a scale to measure it. 

Anyone up to it?