Author Topic: Investment  (Read 20401 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Investment
« Reply #45: June 11, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »
This is exactly the kind of thing we're trying to move towards.

However, there's a problem with it.

What you and I and the game consider "optional micro-management," many rulers will consider necessary, and they'll then force their subordinates to do it, because, naturally, they have to have their regions' stats as high as possible all the time!

So even if the game doesn't make it "forced micro-management," the players are likely to.  :-\  >:(

I understand the fear for this fully. But I don't believe we need to concern ourselves all that much with it, as I don't believe people are that insane on micro-management. I often see incentives to do the little things, but I don't see punishment for neglecting to do them. As such, I don't see punishments for not having one's estates enlarged to a maximum (while I do see incentives for it), I don't see lords punished for not having enough RCs or big enough walls (though I do see support to build them), I don't see people being punished for not switching to courtier class if there are some stat problems (mind you, it's an IR, but I occasionally do see some courtiers being rewarded because of the tasks they accomplish), etc.

The micro-management problems are more related as to what people do, and not what they build, from my experience. Would you agree with this observation? As long as the boosts are balanced (with an upkeep that requires the region lord to actually sell food to not have the new infrastructure act as a big drain on his gold), in other words that they require a little work to actually be worth it, I don't think it'll be a huge concern. Dukes who want their rurals to produce more will simply send the lords the compensations for it and take care of all the planning themselves.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron