Author Topic: Ryu, Atanamir, now Erik... good guy BM!  (Read 29410 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ryu, Atanamir, now Erik... good guy BM!
« Reply #30: September 17, 2014, 08:31:09 PM »
Maybe get her Duchy instead of Avamar.

The prohibition against regaining the lost position applies to all Duchies for those 30 days.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: September 17, 2014, 08:34:34 PM »
Anaris,

Be a good Judge and avoid it. Keep your sarcasm for yourself. I don't need it right now. I don't !@#$ care with the position anymore... it was stripped because of something out of game.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: September 17, 2014, 10:12:07 PM »
The beauty about breaking the rules is intent doesn't really matter. Otherwise everyone would just use it as a defense. "Oh I know I broke the law but my intentions were good!"

You should try that line in court sometime, see how it works out.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: September 17, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »
The beauty about breaking the rules is intent doesn't really matter. Otherwise everyone would just use it as a defense. "Oh I know I broke the law but my intentions were good!"

You fail to understand. That's my fault. I, the player, went against the rules. The character did what he thinks right in his position of power (right or wrong, he didn't care... he must have - or at least he believes it - power over his regions). If you want to imply that character must know the !@#$ing social contract, put them on it! Also, if you will say my character must know it because it's played by the player, forget the !@#$ing Roleplay games.

It's the same about Tournaments: "Hey.... you character cannot tell a word against it in game" "Why?" "'Cause he may now about the social contract! !@#$ your character and what he think about it, let's attend the tournament!"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:28:09 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: September 17, 2014, 11:51:24 PM »
You fail to understand. That's my fault. I, the player, went against the rules. The character did what he thinks right in his position of power (right or wrong, he didn't care... he must have - or at least he believes it - power over his regions). If you want to imply that character must know the !@#$ing social contract, put them on it! Also, if you will say my character must know it because it's played by the player, forget the !@#$ing Roleplay games.

The character can think what he wants. But you, the player, are not allowed to make the character do things that are against the game rules. And the character cannot do anything that you do not make them do, so they can only do things against the game rules if you make them.

Basically, you just need to think about these rules as being, for the world of BattleMaster, like gravity is for our world. They are fundamental constants. They are true everywhere, for everyone, and always have been. So in that light, what you are suggesting is that Erik should be able to say, "Hah! I am so powerful, I will fly from this cliff to that one over there!" And then run off the cliff, and expect not to fall 1000 feet to the ground.

But what happened was that he did fall 1000 feet to the ground. And he's lucky he's alive, and is now under the best medical care in Avamar, and his whole family is at his bedside for the next 3 days, and he will be unfit to hold high office for a month.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: September 17, 2014, 11:58:50 PM »
Yes... while compare it with gravity sounds stupid for me, that's ok. I will wait.
Serpentis again!

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #36: September 18, 2014, 01:10:46 AM »
but I never, ever want to be someone who holds a position just to hold onto it, without using that position to contribute fun and energy. That is one of the things that is most damaging to the game.

Hallelujah! Say it, Brother!

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 18, 2014, 01:48:14 AM »
without using that position to contribute fun and energy

Hallelujah. Find someone that invested so much and contributed so much fun and energy... just take a look at my Wiki. You will find 30% of Erik there. Talk with the people around him.. you would find another 70%. I was just angry... now I'm fine. Erik will continue to punish Perdan, after that became Priest once again until retire.

He helped so much people that that is not a problem to find someone great to take his former position and did it as great as he did -- while I doubt... so many records  8)
Serpentis again!

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #38: September 18, 2014, 01:56:33 AM »
My own comment was meant in general (or more specifically, to a certain type of player), and not you.

My time in Sirion showed you are far from being a problem in this regard

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: September 18, 2014, 01:59:14 AM »
Sorry and thank you then!
Serpentis again!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: September 18, 2014, 02:00:03 AM »
Perhaps the Wiki entry about place holders should be updated to make it clear that elections are binding. Eduardo is a long term player, if he was unaware of the infraction then surely others would be as well.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: September 18, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »
Perhaps the Wiki entry about place holders should be updated to make it clear that elections are binding. Eduardo is a long term player, if he was unaware of the infraction then surely others would be as well.

The rule says:

Nobles holding placeholder positions are prohibited. It is not acceptable for Keplerina to hold a position for Kepler and step down when Kepler is able to take the position again. This applies for all positions.

It does not mention elections, and it's fine that way. It covers all cases.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 18, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »
Tell it as you want. He was not there holding the position. By the social contract, I'm wrong. In game, you will have to die before convince me. He was not there holding anything. Perdan failed to release the prisoner in time. He was elected with 3 votes. The former Countess asked her position back based on laws written by Erik, agreed by the Council like a thousand years before. He acted as a people in a position of power. He did it as subtle as Erik? He did. I would never apologize for his behavior, just for mine as player and for what I was punished for (he as well). He was never appointed there to hold a position. He was elected and ordered to leave. Call it another name if you want, but he's not a placeholder, just a victim of a crazy Duke with power in his old head accomplishing the laws of his old realm.  After all it's a roleplaying game.

Celine was fast to ensure a punishment, but never to change the law before it as a Judge. Just old things that no one cares until the Titans appears to illuminate our world with a yellow message.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 02:22:41 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: September 18, 2014, 02:39:00 AM »
By the social contract, I'm wrong. In game, you will have to die before convince me.
So you actually realize you've broken the rules as a player and was punished for that as a player?
In this case I personally can not understand the logic behind your complaint. Can you explain?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 18, 2014, 02:48:44 AM »
Excuse me if I expressed it wrong... I would no entitled to that as player, so, not as character (that's the general opinion, since I was punished).

Erik did what he did because he's a character designed to act as a person with his own personality, taking his own decisions. That's all about IC/OOC and how you differentiate it. And since they are co-related, here we are.
Serpentis again!