Author Topic: Fine amounts  (Read 14203 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Fine amounts
« Reply #15: September 29, 2014, 05:10:03 PM »
Also, change the whole fine system so if the person refuses to pay the fine, make it automatically take it out from his tax! NOW THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE PEOPLE CRY MUWHAHAHA
Fines used to have a little more teeth back when you got all your taxes in bonds. You can't use the bank while you have outstanding fines. So you used to have to pay your fines before you could cash your bonds and use gold for anything at all. People did not used to be able to choose to not pay a fine unless they were also willing to live without gold. (Or were willing to swap realms to avoid the fine, but then you lose all your bonds anyway.)

The reason that you can't slap additional fines down on people who already have a fine is that you would be basically cutting off all of their access to gold, essentially preventing them from playing the game. (At least this is the reasoning that I heard many, many years ago about it.)  If you kept slapping fines on someone, I wonder if that might be considered harassment. It would probably depend on the situation, I guess.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.