Author Topic: Strokes & Comas for old characters or anything else you want to talk about  (Read 7727 times)

Eirikr

Re: Strokes & Comas for old characters
« Topic Start: October 06, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »
While my stance on the whole mortality, old characters, etc. thing is pretty well known (short version: I'm in favor of characters dying at some point) and I think the basic argument carries some weight, I can't possibly take your suggestion seriously with these YouTube videos or these thinly veiled pokes at specific characters. (A quote from a letter in-game? Really?)

If you can make the suggestion objective and detailed, accompanied with benefits and risks, then maybe it'll be worth putting into the game at some point (the dev team and Tom have the say). And no, throwing math and statistics into there is not "being objective". BM has never pretended to be accurate and does bill itself as a fantasy game. The setting is medieval, but from there, it's game design choices and creativity. Which is why benefits and risks to the game, not to a notion of medieval realism, has merit.

Yes, I agree there is a problem with ages and old characters. No, I do not think this would solve the problem of the same people winding up in power - the real issue you're trying to work at.