Author Topic: Strokes & Comas for old characters or anything else you want to talk about  (Read 7605 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Strokes & Comas for old characters
« Reply #15: October 06, 2014, 05:54:31 AM »
actually, this is just something I noticed. Yes, I was poking fun a little, but  I see a very similar thing in a couple other realms I'm in - Old Grehk, just for example.

The videos were merely to head off the usual "oh, well - this COULD happen if ..." crowd. I wanted them to first take a serious look at what a 107 year actually looks like before coming up with some rationale.

not every single thing I do is aimed at Talerium, just as not every single complaint Stegman makes is because he is nothing more than "Miskel II". A point a lot of people are having trouble accepting.

Eirikr

« Reply #16: October 06, 2014, 06:49:14 AM »
The point is that the poking fun completely overshadows the FR in my opinion. (Anaris would also prod you about the format, I'm sure.) Perhaps I'm biased and that's what made me pick it up, but I don't think it helps your FR at all.

I've got something else on the Talerium piece, but I'll PM you to avoid going any further off-topic here.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #17: October 06, 2014, 07:28:13 AM »
well, if it turns into something that is seriously considered, I will be happy to write it up in a more serious manner.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 06, 2014, 06:22:22 PM »
I highly doubt that this is something that would ever be considered for adding to the game.  Random bad things happening to characters has always been flat out rejected.

As someone else said, potentially increasing penalties that already apply is a possibility. Old characters already get:
1) Less hours, all the way down to 5 per turn
2) Faster rate of skill decay
3) Slower wound healing
4) Increased chances of wounds getting worse instead of better (which on the SI, can actually kill a character. It will be interesting to see if that ever happens.)

Wounds that persist more than 5 days will boot a character from all offices. As such, it should be ridiculously easy to knock that 103 yr old character from almost any office with a good infil stab.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Tangent discussion about old characters and behavioral incentives split off into a new thread:
http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,6229.0.html
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.