Author Topic: Poor little rich boy  (Read 2110 times)

Jens Namtrah

Poor little rich boy
« Topic Start: September 29, 2014, 08:53:21 AM »
Having amassed a decent family fortune, I'm faced with a lack of ways to spend it.

Plenty of ideas, of course, though many of them require more RP than I have time for right now. But just wondering if others feel like there's not enough point in being rich in the game, with a few infrequent exceptions.

Like to just make this a brainstorming chat, so keeping it out here in this category for now.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
Re: Poor little rich boy
« Reply #1: September 29, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »
Even thought i do have had pretty good oppurtunity to fill my family gold, i dont go above 2.5k. 2k is enough to make investment. AFter that i guess only thing you can use family wealth is to buy regions.

I rather keep the gold & bonds at char.

-jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #2: September 29, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »
I send it to family for safe-keeping, to be honest, and then just borrow it back. Now that a city lordship != a duchy, they are even less attractive to buy when you get the rare chance

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 29, 2014, 06:01:30 PM »
I guess we need to establish elite wine clubs and antiques auctions so that the rich few could burn their insane amounts of money. Also you can bribe entire realms to do crazy stuff!
Or sponsor an organization that helps poor knights make ends meet... Nah, just settle for global bribing.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 29, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »
Having amassed a decent family fortune, I'm faced with a lack of ways to spend it.

Plenty of ideas, of course, though many of them require more RP than I have time for right now. But just wondering if others feel like there's not enough point in being rich in the game, with a few infrequent exceptions.

Like to just make this a brainstorming chat, so keeping it out here in this category for now.

Invest in your region constantly. You'll get more gold, more food (maybe), and honor as a bonus.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 29, 2014, 06:04:01 PM »
Ooh.. Totally forgot about that one! Spend gold to make even more gold!