Author Topic: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)  (Read 26807 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs the rest (bis)
« Topic Start: November 26, 2014, 06:27:14 PM »
If your war is boring, then do something else. Make peace with Luria, and go attack someone else. Say... get mad at D'Hara for involving you in an endless, unwinnable war. Ally with Luria and go march on D'Hara.

Or split your realm into pieces, and fight among yourselves.

Or turn your back on the whole mess, and go reconquer some of the western lands.

Hold a realm-wide joke contest, and reward the winner with a new duchy. (Or promise to, then renege at the last minute saying the whole thing was a meta-joke!)

Just because you're doing something right now doesn't mean you have to keep doing it. Especially if what you're doing is boring/annoying. You don't have to win a war before you stop fighting it. You don't have to write some brilliant treaty that takes away half your enemy's lands in order to declare peace.

And if you exit the war, and Luria comes marching to you, then you can defend your homelands while Luria is the one that has to suffer the long boring marches to bring the attack to you.

Remember: You as a player are responsible for your own enjoyment of the game. No one else is responsible for making the game fun for you. If it's not fun, then make whatever changes you need to make it fun. That may include exiting a war on unfavorable conditions, leaving the realm you are in, and heading to another. Or pausing your current character, then starting a new one in that realm with a new concept.

As for myself, I just rejoined Dwilight with a new character in Morek, after taking a long break from the island. I don't really have any stake in matters yet. Except to say this: Holy Crap! Morek is a friggn' ghost town!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.