Author Topic: When in prison...  (Read 6371 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
When in prison...
« Topic Start: June 04, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »
Could we be able to view a shortened version of the information page. Like maybe we can look at the map, the statistic pages and maybe claims, guilds, taxes etc.

Thing is, my main man has been in prison for like 6 days or something and it's driving me crazy!! It made me think there should be some things you can look at to sort of satisfy your battlemaster lust.

Obviously the request doesn't make much sense IG but we can easily rationalise that your character should know the last tax information, stats, map etc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:44:29 PM by Shane "Shenron" O'neil »
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: When in prison...
« Reply #1: June 05, 2011, 03:51:52 AM »
Prison isn't supposed to be fun ;)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #2: June 05, 2011, 11:27:56 AM »
Hm, there was a Dlist post about how nobles had three square meals a day, visits from minor nobility (or were supposed to), while commoners had it rough. So for a noble, he could, if his captor realm was honorable or something, request some maps and a deck of cards to pass the time.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: June 06, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »
Hm, there was a Dlist post about how nobles had three square meals a day, visits from minor nobility (or were supposed to), while commoners had it rough. So for a noble, he could, if his captor realm was honorable or something, request some maps and a deck of cards to pass the time.

Meals and visits from non-important people make sense.  A map to plan your next conquest would not.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 13, 2011, 06:11:44 AM »
Meals and visits from non-important people make sense.  A map to plan your next conquest would not.

Except that we can easily check the map through other sources. This restriction doesn't prevent anything, it just makes it a hassle that can be easily circumvented.

Easily circumvented hassles are bad, imo. If one can't prevent it, one must consider whether it really serves a good gameplay purpose in order to warrant wasting people's time as such.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #5: June 13, 2011, 07:58:26 AM »
Ah, the dynamic map isn't easily circumvented unless you have another character on the continent who is not imprisoned or wounded, and is a noble. The political map is sometimes woefully outdated, and I don't deal with that because of the instance once when the political maps were several months outdated.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 13, 2011, 03:13:45 PM »
The political maps should be accurate now. They are updated daily, but I don't remember the exact time when that script runs. I don't *think* it's the same as the regular turn scripts. Still, better than nothing.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 14, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
Ah, the dynamic map isn't easily circumvented unless you have another character on the continent who is not imprisoned or wounded, and is a noble. The political map is sometimes woefully outdated, and I don't deal with that because of the instance once when the political maps were several months outdated.

The dynamic map is just an extremely convenient way of checking stuff out you can access by other means.

Just to make sure I wasn't saying total bull!@#$, I just tried it out. I have no characters on the East Continent, but I can successfully access region pages from there. Mind you, I don't have any access to military info like that, which I would if that region was part of my realm (which it obviously ain't, as it's on another continent).

A fair compromise would be to give access to the political map, imo.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 15, 2011, 03:58:17 AM »
The dynamic map is just an extremely convenient way of checking stuff out you can access by other means.

Just to make sure I wasn't saying total bull!@#$, I just tried it out. I have no characters on the East Continent, but I can successfully access region pages from there. Mind you, I don't have any access to military info like that, which I would if that region was part of my realm (which it obviously ain't, as it's on another continent).

A fair compromise would be to give access to the political map, imo.

Interesting, I thought they patched that hole. I know that you can no longer just whack an ID number in for Dwilight rogue regions to see their info.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 15, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »
Interesting, I thought they patched that hole. I know that you can no longer just whack an ID number in for Dwilight rogue regions to see their info.

As far as I know, Dwilight was the only one concerned because we could take a peak at Netherworld regions like that.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 16, 2011, 02:42:06 AM »
How about a "wall" that you can etch one message onto once per prison visit.

There could a nice limit to the amount of characters (100 or 200) and you could see the etchings over time from past prisoners.

Could be cool, I think.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #11: June 16, 2011, 03:10:59 AM »
..Like on public bathroom walls?

You couldn't even vulgarity report those then...Although they probably would be correct given the context.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 16, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »
How about a "wall" that you can etch one message onto once per prison visit.

There could a nice limit to the amount of characters (100 or 200) and you could see the etchings over time from past prisoners.

Could be cool, I think.

I don't think this would be historically accurate.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 17, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »
I don't think this would be historically accurate.

Have you ever visited an honest-to-goodness medieval castle? They're often filled with medieval graffitti.

e.g. http://www.flickr.com/photos/hauxtongill/2748365297/
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 17, 2011, 01:26:46 PM »
That would be too cool :) Imagine being an infiltrator and leaving messages in the dungeons of every realm on a continent! The Judge could manage the messages, and report them as vulgar if needed.