Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Religions in Dwilight

Started by JPierreD, June 05, 2011, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPierreD

What are the religions that are actually alive and kicking? Besides SA, of course.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

Offhand, I can mention three:

Verdis Elementum: active in Caerwyn, Terran, and D'Hara.
Triunism: Active in Terran
Manifest Path: Active in  Luria Nova (and Pian en Luries?)

There was a branch of Estianism in Madina, but I don't know if it is still around. I heard it was mostly defunct.
There was the Order of St. Iestyn in Pian en Luries, but I think it fell apart after the recent secession that formed Luria Nova.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

Eleryonism is still alive in the Lurian area (and possibly elsewhere, I don't know), but it's future is uncertain.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

inykane

Yes, Eleryonism is indeed alive with its modest but steady number of members. There are temples currently in Caerwyn and Pian en Luries.

Galvez

Quote from: Anthaigos on June 05, 2011, 07:32:10 AM
There are temples currently in Caerwyn and Pian en Luries.
That sounds.. well.. illogical.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Sacha

Quote from: Bedwyr on June 05, 2011, 04:17:15 AM
Eleryonism is still alive in the Lurian area (and possibly elsewhere, I don't know), but it's future is uncertain.

Well, 'alive' in the sense that someone on life support is alive. At least the Lurian branch is.

Vellos

Quote from: Indirik on June 05, 2011, 02:52:59 AM
Verdis Elementum: active in Caerwyn, Terran, and D'Hara.

Terran? Really?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

Quote from: Vellos on June 06, 2011, 03:24:02 AM
Terran? Really?

Either he means Barca, or he means follower bleed, in which case Triunism is active in D'Hara (stupid code makes the religion without a temple naturally replace the religion with a big friggin temple in Paisland).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Meh,... All you non-SA pagans blend together after a while. :)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

vonGenf

Quote from: Chénier on June 06, 2011, 04:44:22 AM
Either he means Barca, or he means follower bleed, in which case Triunism is active in D'Hara (stupid code makes the religion without a temple naturally replace the religion with a big friggin temple in Paisland).

That's why you need to expand! Any temple within 1'000 miles of another temple is not safe. To arms!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

JPierreD

Interesting. What about State Religions?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

vonGenf

Quote from: Anders Celsius on June 06, 2011, 02:07:27 PM
Interesting. What about State Religions?

Morek, Corsanctum and Astrum are theocracies of SA. All others state are secular, although many of them have one very dominant religion.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Adriddae

Galvez

Demon worship. I guess that does not make you popular amongst other humans.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

Does daimon = demon/daemon?

That remains an intriguing question for some of us.