Author Topic: More Help Page  (Read 2383 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
More Help Page
« Topic Start: December 29, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »
Title:

More Help Pages

Summary:

Have an in game link to a wiki help page on EVERY page within the game.

Details:

Some pages have a question make help button on them that leads to a help page on the wiki that describes what that page is about and what the options there mean. I think it would be great of EVERY game page had that icon and an associated help page on the wiki.

I would be willing to create content for the new pages I have access to.

Benefits:

It would help let new players jump right in to the game if every page had such a help link and a quality wiki page behind it. Once could simply say (make sure to read the help pages as you go to learn more about the system. It would also make more information about the game available from within the game itself without the need to go searching the wiki or forums.

It also gives a bit of consistency. Knowing that every page has that help button makes would be nice and could make the game more accessible.

Possible Downsides or Exploits:

Redundancy and excess verboseness. Some may see this as a downside but I do not. I would rather have help wiki pages on seemingly obvious features and talk about the same features multiple times and from multiple angles than to find wholes in the coverage.

Additional links would also lead to blank wiki pages initially and that would seem less professional. This would hopefully be temporary though.