Author Topic: New Unit Type: Pikemen  (Read 11622 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: New Unit Type: Pikemen
« Reply #15: June 13, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
I love to imagine how awesome BM is gonna be in 10 years, when all those features are implemented.

And then I realise BM is already the best game I'm playing ^^

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 14, 2011, 03:44:43 AM »
I love to imagine how awesome BM is gonna be in 10 years, when all those features are implemented.

And then I realise BM is already the best game I'm playing ^^

I don't like to think of in 10 years from now, when the player count is likely to have forced the termination of 2 or 3 islands...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 14, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
I don't like to think of in 10 years from now, when the player count is likely to have forced the termination of 2 or 3 islands...

Well, in that case I won't need to doubt where to put my characters :) BM only dies when we all decide it does. As long as the game grows and improves, I don't see that happen.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 14, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »
BM only dies when we all decide it does. As long as the game grows and improves, I don't see that happen.

Statistics disagree.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 14, 2011, 11:56:54 PM »
People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Chenier. 40% of all people know that.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 15, 2011, 12:35:04 AM »
People can come up with statistics to prove anything, Chenier. 40% of all people know that.

Yes, and no. You can use correlation to imply causality with great ease to make them say anything, or you can manipulate graphic or numeric representations to greatly exaggerate results. But a skilled eye will spot the attempted deceit (whether intended or not).

If the trends continue, BM will continue to lose players at a steady rate.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 15, 2011, 03:09:28 AM »
Yes, and no. You can use correlation to imply causality with great ease to make them say anything, or you can manipulate graphic or numeric representations to greatly exaggerate results. But a skilled eye will spot the attempted deceit (whether intended or not).

If the trends continue, BM will continue to lose players at a steady rate.

Its is a Simpsons reference. The trend will stop eventually, cause you will be left with the die hard players that often need to log into BM first thing in the morning or they break out in spots. Exactly how many players that will be is less clear.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 15, 2011, 03:50:37 AM »
Its is a Simpsons reference. The trend will stop eventually, cause you will be left with the die hard players that often need to log into BM first thing in the morning or they break out in spots. Exactly how many players that will be is less clear.

Depends on how die hard are the die hard. The game will likely need to change if it loses too many players, and the diehard might not totally adapt to the changes to come.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 15, 2011, 04:32:43 AM »
Depends on how die hard are the die hard. The game will likely need to change if it loses too many players, and the diehard might not totally adapt to the changes to come.

Then I pity them, for they do not truly live and breathe BM. Never fear though, the true faithful will always remain, and once the trials for mind control technology are complete we will soon have the means to restock the player base.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #24: June 15, 2011, 04:36:55 AM »
Why don't we just mod some RTS like Starcraft and stick the BM label on it. It's been done before. You all heard of Counterstrike, yes?

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 15, 2011, 09:21:32 AM »
*burrows some banelings for the Perdan Army and neural-parasites the Duke of Isadril to disband all the militia* Interesting....

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 15, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
Then I pity them, for they do not truly live and breathe BM. Never fear though, the true faithful will always remain, and once the trials for mind control technology are complete we will soon have the means to restock the player base.

Hey! Shh!

You're not supposed to tell them about that!
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #27: June 15, 2011, 05:46:40 PM »

That's not the only method...10 more years and my son can play! 14 and my unborn child as well!

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 15, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »

I've been die hard adapting to changes in the past 8 years. I saw the New World created because the other islands were getting too crowded. I don't mind seeing it close again.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 15, 2011, 07:48:18 PM »
I've been die hard adapting to changes in the past 8 years. I saw the New World created because the other islands were getting too crowded. I don't mind seeing it close again.  8)

Was that BT or AT?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan