Author Topic: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions  (Read 11661 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions
« Reply #30: June 09, 2011, 08:18:39 PM »
To drag this thread back on topic:

The proposed limits will not be added.  So far as the dev team in general, and I in particular, can tell, the problems described by the original post, to the extent that they need solving, should be solved IC.

I would request that any further discussion of who knew what when be stopped, as it's more or less irrelevant at this point.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 09, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
I'm sorry but this request seems whiny. If you trusted an inter-realm alliance purely on honor than you messed up. Alliances, in game and in RL, are all about what the two sides are able to offer each other. When the alliance isn't worth it one side will turn on the other. Naturally one side will be at a disadvantage but if they weren't reading the signs well enough to expect the betrayal than they don't deserve to exist. On the other hand if there was no indication or evidence, than the betraying side played their hand well and the side that got betrayed are a bunch of sad saps who should have kept their heads up.

Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #32: June 10, 2011, 03:58:47 AM »
As requested, since this thread is degenerating, it no longer belongs in a Feature Request.  Any further discussion should be directed at an appropriate thread in the appropriate forum (in this case General Discussion).

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.