Author Topic: East Continent vs. Far East  (Read 12548 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: East Continent vs. Far East
« Topic Start: April 25, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
Not, not at all. I have not known *anyone* to be offended because there's now a war and no one else got to do it. Not at all.

What I believe Indirik was referring to, which was IC realms being offended, was the *manner* the small realms were fighting wars in which their characters agreed to kill each other for what amounted to their bloodlust and entertainment. Agreeing to fight for a specific number of days, wagering a region as if gambling, and then agreeing to return all conquered regions except the wagered regions seems really disgusting to some nobility. OOC, it seems contrived and awkward, but we need war, so whatever. But that doesn't change that some IC elements took offense to it. It has nothing to do with envy over who got to start wars and months mulling around.

And for the record, all these rulers sitting on their thumbs not starting wars. Sure, they could've done something independently instead of waiting for the secession - so could anyone anywhere else where there's no war. But the crux of the waiting came down to the two ducal players of the new realm delaying the secession for six months while they tried to prepare their realm for the inevitable war to come, not all the other rulers ready for war. The only wars that could've reliably happened in the aftermath of Perdan's peace was either all the small southern realms starting a war together, as was happening once the realm seceded for all their divergent interests, or a roflstomp of some realm. I hate peace as much of the next guy, but to go on about how the rulers were doing absolutely nothing and then praising the realm that delayed war and then blocked the other participants with an interest in it for an awkwardly-contrived war game...blech. It's not as if none of the rulers, or any other EI characters, weren't trying to pressure Caligus into seceding the realm already.