Author Topic: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions  (Read 11673 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions
« Topic Start: June 08, 2011, 01:46:37 AM »
And long delays would make no sense.  Betrayals are an inherent part of the game as they are a part of real life, and the longer I play the more I see that "gang-bangs" usually happen for a reason when you see all the stuff that goes on.  People still bitch at me on occasion about the "gang-bang" of Soliferum, but that started with the Southern Federation in a much more powerful position, and got reduced to everyone fighting Soliferum through a series of incredibly bad decisions and a couple of lucky breaks by Mosesadelphia and Soliferum.

Alliances in the real world are a binding as the alliance members make them.  People make unnatural alliances and fight those they might want to be friends with all the time.  England and France allying in the prelude to WWI, for instance, and Austria and the Ottomans for that matter.  US and Japan fought in WWII, then became very close friends.  US and USSR allied in WWII, and almost immediately there after began fighting proxy wars.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"