Author Topic: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions  (Read 11682 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Limiting unjustified diplomatic actions
« Topic Start: June 08, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
i contrary it exactly shows why it is a good idea, and i am trying to state firm facts, where there is issue of personal preference, all are equal in value, your or mine.

Arcarea did not have alliance with OW, to conduct commando actions in case OW is attacked, and that is what exactly proves my point, as quick actions have nothing to do with medieval wars (and fir little to slow-paced game what BM intentionally is, to allow us more time)
Arcaea was allied to OW before any of this happened. OW knew that Cathay was denying passage to GA. (They told us this.) We also knew that if GA ignored this, and marched anyway, that GA would be violating a treaty they had signed with Arcaea and Cathay. And If that happened, we knew that Arcaea would attack GA. We knew that Arcaea *wanted* to attack GA, and had wanted this for some time. The Peace of Ahael (I think that's the name) was the only thing holding them back. Once GA broke that, it was Game On for Arcaea.

I'm assuming that GA knew all of this, and *expected* to be attacked by Arcaea. They almost certainly knew that Arcaea would attack them back, but probably thought that Arcaea was too busy in the north with Arcachon to free up enough forces to act quickly. Too bad for GA that they telegraphed their intentions for a week or so before the attack, so that Arcaea had plenty of time to prepare.

And, to be brutally honest, isn't this the kind of thing that you're advocating for? GA gave plenty of warning as to what was going to happen, giving Arcaea plenty of time to prepare for the war. Isn't this exactly what you wanted? Except that this time it apparently worked against you, thus you don't really like the results.

Moreover, the mentioned help has nothing to do with proposal, it would be completely sufficient that they lowered relations to neutral, and all actions to help OW would be available, but no, Arcarea used the fact that GA army was far away to quickly change relations from peace to war, to gain tactical advantage.
So you're using a scenario to justify the new rule that you are openly admitting won't change anything other than the specific word that appears on the Relations chart, and will have absolutely no impact on the game in any other way whatsoever?

GA actually entered that whole war because they did not expect Arcarea will act in such commando-manner, which was large disappointment in RP-ing sense.
A bit of simple, preparatory scouting before-hand would have told them *exactly* where the Arcaean army was waiting for them.

This wasn't an unexpected commando/ninja/specop raid. You seem to be the only who didn't know that Arcaea would attack GA. And if GA didn't know, too bad for them. It just underscores how blind they were to the political situation on the island. (But I don't believe that. I think they knew exactly what they were provoking.)

They conducted risky and hard-to-organize action, but did not expect to fight against "buttons-pragmatism" is not FEI advertised like RP-ing continent?
Hard to organize? They marched 12 nobles through a Cathayan region to loot some undefended OW regions. What's so hard to organize about that?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.