Author Topic: infiltrator sub-class disappears when emigrating  (Read 7324 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: infiltrator sub-class disappears when emigrating
« Reply #15: December 11, 2015, 01:35:01 AM »
I am sure the dev team is already working on this issue. It would be nice if you can bribe people to get rid of bans. Maybe make it expensive.
Currently Assassins realm on Colonies island can bribe people(Judges from other realms) to get rid of their bans. We players are doing it manually as a workaround for the system. Join Assassins realm, the one and only infiltrator realm with infiltrator agreements with all realms bound to honor them or the realm will perish under attack from the rest ;D

If this is the way, then at least it should be easier to become an infiltrator and even low skilled infiltrators should become more viable.
I think to make infiltrator viable and appealing to players, perhaps you can consider something like what Warcraft doing. Meld into Shadow skill. Of course make it consume hours.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: December 11, 2015, 01:37:19 AM »
There's an existing Plan to make infiltrators more like a Spymaster role controlling agents that do the dirty work and the risk is more your deniability in relation to the agent. But it requires developer effort and no one's taken up that project yet.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 11, 2015, 03:16:35 AM »
I think to make infiltrator viable and appealing to players, perhaps you can consider something like what Warcraft doing. Meld into Shadow skill. Of course make it consume hours.

As Vita says, there is a plan sketched out to change the infiltrator class to have a different focus—more spymaster, less ninja, which is never what BM infiltrators were supposed to be anyway.

And, um...sorry, but "they're doing it like that in Warcraft" is never going to be a particularly strong argument for doing anything in BattleMaster ;D

(Not only is it a completely different kind of game, their developers actually get, y'know...paid.)
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 11, 2015, 03:28:18 AM »
It always did seem a bit silly for Nobles to be skulking around, would be cool to make bounties collectible by adventurers, who are then, of course, easily disposed off if caught (maybe no honour or prestige loss for torturing them too). Or something like that.

Either way, definitely something I'd love to see expanded upon for sure, hopefully the devs can get to it some day soon.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 11, 2015, 04:37:04 AM »
It always did seem a bit silly for Nobles to be skulking around, would be cool to make bounties collectible by adventurers, who are then, of course, easily disposed off if caught (maybe no honour or prestige loss for torturing them too). Or something like that.
Probably never happen. This would make every advy rounded up, tortured, and executed on a regular basis.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 11, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »
Probably never happen. This would make every advy rounded up, tortured, and executed on a regular basis.
Yeah they might be too OP with their swordskills.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.